Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Autism, Adaptive Curriculum Teacher
Location: Barber Middle School
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 190
Primary Function: Works with parents/guardians to develop and provide an appropriate special education program to eligible exceptional learners.
Requirements: 1. Educational Level: Bachelor Degree required; If you are seeking alternative certification, you must have passed or exempted the GACE Basic Skills Test and the GACE Special Education General Curriculum Content Test.
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate in Special Education General Curriculum Consultative
3. Experience: None
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities; ability to lift a student up to a weight of 40 pounds without assistance, ability to perform a two-person lift for students over 60 pounds, lumbar belt required
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners, student management, data collection
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Completes designated follow-up procedures for students referred for special education service.
3. Develops, implements, monitors and reviews the Individual Education Program (IEP) of each student with autism on the caseload, at least annually.
4. Works with parents in all aspects of their child’s educational program.
5. Provides educational services according to the guidelines of the program and through the established delivery model for service.
6. Uses ABA methodology for instruction, according to the population needs.
8. Administers daily data collection and evaluations of student progress toward mastery of established goals and Objectives. Administers daily data collection and evaluations of student progress toward mastery of established goals and objectives.
9. Serves as a resource to the general education teachers who teach mainstreamed exceptional students.
10. Sets up situations to provide opportunities for social skills between children with autism and children in the general education classroom.
11. Commits to on-going professional learning on research based strategies and management techniques for students with autism.
12. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Estimated Start Date: *07/25/2018
Salary Range: $42,363.54 - $89,264.25 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job