4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Communication; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to learners; student management
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Completes designated follow-up procedures for students referred for special education service.
3. Develops, implements, monitors, and reviews the Individual Education Program (I.E.P.) of each disabled student on the caseload, at least annually.
4. Works with parents in all aspects of their child’s educational program.
5. Compiles, maintains and submits all required records; administers, on an ongoing basis, evaluations of student progress toward mastery of established goals and objectives.
6. Provides educational services according to the guidelines of the program and through the established delivery model for service.
7. Assures all due process procedural safeguards are afforded students and their parents.
8. Uses special methodology for instruction, according to the population needs
9. Uses carefully designed behavior management strategies, as indicated.
10. Performs special duties required for meeting the unique needs of specific populations, i.e., lifting and positioning special needs preschool, special needs kindergarten, moderately intellectually disabled, orthopedically impaired, severely and profoundly disabled – using lumbar belts as required.
11. Serves as a resource to the regular education teachers who teach mainstreamed exceptional students
12. Meets expectations according to the regular elementary school teacher job description.
13. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Estimated Start Date: *07/25/2018
Salary Range: $42,363.54 - $89,264.25 / Per Year
Shift Type: Part-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job