Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Executive Director, Cobb Schools Foundation
Location: Chief of Staff
Division: Chief of Staff, General Administration
Department: Chief of Staff
Reports To: Chief of Staff
Work Days: 240
Overview: The Cobb County School District is the second largest school district in Georgia and among the largest in the United States, with nearly 113,000 students, 112 schools, 18,000 employees and a $1B annual general fund budget.
Primary Function: Manages the office of the Cobb County Public Schools Educational Foundation (CCPSEF) in a highly professional manner. Identifies and solicits financial and in-kind contributions on behalf of the Foundation and its Board of Trustees. Coordinates and implements programs and services of the Foundation, and ensures their alignment with the strategic direction of the Cobb County Board of Education and the District’s Strategic Plan. Meets all required standards of regulatory reporting.
Requirements: 1. Educational Level: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred
2. Certification/License Required: None
3. Experience: 1 year of experience in Fundraising, Non-profit work, or Public Relations preferred
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication;
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Manages the CCPSEF office (maintaining supplies, paying bills promptly, answering phone calls and e-mails promptly, providing necessary equipment, etc.).
3. Maintains all filing and data base systems needed to meet School District standards and IRS and other regulatory requirements.
4. Works closely with the Foundation Treasurer to monitor spending, ensure annual profitability and that accurate financial records for the Foundation meet all standards required by the IRS (given our tax status) and other regulatory requirements.
5. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key personnel in the School District, Board of Education members, Foundation Board members, and other corporate/community contacts and groups who can provide financial and in-kind support for schools and district-wide programs.
6. Coordinates and implements a comprehensive fund-raising and in-kind contribution program to support initiatives of the Foundation, to include managing the “thank you” and follow-up appreciation process.
7. Serves on the CCPSEF Executive Committee as a non-voting member.
8. Develops, maintains, and implements the Foundation’s Strategic Plan and operational goals, and ensure they are consistent and supportive of the District’s Strategic Plan.
9. Assists schools, CCSD Administration, School Board, and Foundation Board members in identifying school needs that cannot or should not be paid from school O&M and capital budgets and match requirements with appropriate resources.
10. Coordinates training for school personnel, business partners, and community groups who participate in business partnerships and volunteer programs for the Foundation.
11. Allocates monies raised or received for Foundation programs, according to established guidelines.
12. Manages Foundation programs in an effective manner (e.g. Student Scholarship Program).
13. Assists the President of the Board of Trustees and other CCPSEF members to recruit new Board members.
14. Develops and implements an orientation and training program for all new CCPSEF Board members.
15. Assists the President of the Board of Trustees in communicating with CCSPEF Board members, to include: promptly notifying them of scheduled Board meetings, developing meeting agendas, ensuring that accurate and detailed minutes are kept for each meeting, and distributing minutes and other pertinent information from the meetings to all Board members.
16. Assists the CCSD Superintendent and President of the Board of Trustees in preparing speeches on the Foundation and preparing letters and other correspondence.
17. Develops, maintains, and implements an effective marketing program for the Foundation to include collateral materials and a web site.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has important responsibilities in the school community. As such, the actions of this position are potentially subject to a high degree of public and community scrutiny and must always reflect the efficient and effective use of resources. The candidate must demonstrate operational and financial acumen and deal sensitively and responsibly with the community, central office departments, various groups and organizations, and a diverse community.
Salary Range: $69,831 - $97,915 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job