Lead Teacher/Dept. Head
School / Org:
No. of Positions:
Saturday, 23 June 2018
Open Until Filled
Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
ELA Instructional Coach K-6
Location or Department: Theodore Potter
Job Summary: Instructional Coaches will provide strategic instructional support to building level coaches and teachers within a specific content area via professional development, walkthroughs, model lessons, and lesson development training. Instructional Coaches will support and train building level coaches/teachers in the district instructional focus of Mastery Learning. Instructional Coaches will also provide additional curriculum resources to ensure schools gain success on all formative and summative assessments in efforts to impact overall student achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: - Demonstrates command of and expertise in their content area
- Ensures instruction aligns with curricula demands and student needs
- Designs and facilitates monthly content specific training for teachers and building level coaches
- Creates day by day pacing guides to support authentic lesson development
- Assists in monitoring adherence to pacing guides
- Aids in differentiation of instruction
- Facilitates usage of all parts of the Mastery Learning Instructional Framework
- Aids in the development of teachersí knowledge of content and best practices in delivery
- Supports building level coaches and teachers in developing plans for instruction
- Guides building level coaches in modeling/co-teaching lessons
- Provides debriefing opportunities for teachers and building level coaches
- Provides walk-throughs to support instructional best practices
- Attends professional learning community meetings to scaffold instructional planning based on formative/summative assessment results
- Analyzes teachersí effectiveness in accordance with studentsí performance
- Assesses schools professional development needs
- Recommends instructional strategies for improvement
- Assists principal and school leadership team in utilizing student performance data to develop school-wide literacy/math goals and implementation plans
- Performs additional school support duties as necessary
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and Experience Qualifications: - Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must be deemed Highly Qualified in accordance with the Indiana Department of Education or their last state of employment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful classroom teaching experience and working with other teachers
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Strong leadership abilities, particularly within a change process
- Knowledge of Mastery Learning Instructional Framework
- Experience in planning and facilitating professional development sessions either as a teacher or presenter
- Working knowledge of the Indiana Academic Standards/Indiana Common Core Standards
- Demonstrates high proficiency with writing and technology
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professional staff members
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Indiana Teacher's license or Valid Teacherís license from another State
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to compose documents and tools for instructional use required. Thorough knowledge of grammatical rules, spelling, punctuation and formats required.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and all other statistical measurement tools.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to utilize courtesy and tact when communicating with others to deliver clear and concise messages.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer: The following statements of the job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this category. The description does not contain an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and other requirements necessary to perform in this position.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job