School / Org:
No. of Positions:
Saturday, 23 June 2018
Open Until Filled
Indianapolis Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
5th/6th Grade Math Teacher
Location or Department: George Buck
Job Summary: Teaches Grade 5/6 elementary school students academic, social and motor skills in the public school setting. Teachers will have excellent organization and communication skills, as well as possess the philosophy that "all children can and will learn."
License: Must hold a valid Indiana State Teacher's License in Elementary Education (K-6). Must be deemed Highly Qualified in accordance with the Indiana Department of Education
Experience: Required experience includes:
1) Must have excellent organization and communication skills while being flexible;
2) Possess no excuses philosophy;
3) Good management skills;
4) Must be able to adapt material;
5) Work cooperatively and effectively with other professional staff;
6) Must have a working knowledge of the five (5) areas of reading, balanced literacy, state standards, general education curriculum, and IPS curriculum/instruction framework.
Major Responsibilities: - Demonstrate a high level of effectiveness.
- Have the courage and desire to establish community outreach programs.
- Must be willing to collaborate with administration, the Special Education Department, and all staff (during Structured Teacher Planning Time, team building, etc.)
- Prepare rigorous, engaging lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of all students.
- Demonstrate use of scientifically-based research best practice instructional strategies.
- Post assignments and input real-time data on IPS On-Line weekly, contact parents weekly, and arrange parent/teacher conferences after each grading period.
- Use a variety of instructional methods and materials.
- Assessment/Data: 1) Administer frequent assessments to see what is working and what is not working; 2) Analyze Data: Evaluate student work and assessment data to make instructional adjustments (error pattern analysis), evaluate social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Encourage parent involvement in the educational process.
- Seek and use community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Maintains control that is conducive to safety in the classroom and on the playground.
- Resolves problems in a timely manner using reason even with emotional topics focusing on solving conflict, not placing blame.
- Participate in all staff and curriculum development workshops and professional reading groups, sometimes held during the summer and/or outside of the regular instructional day.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Indianapolis Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Indianapolis Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job