Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Attendance & Discipline
Purpose and Scope: Performs as an instructional specialist in selected schools to increase effectiveness of on-site instructional programs, to improve utilization of instructional materials, to promote development, implementation and coordination of the school's instructional goals.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Builds capacity of teachers and teacher assistants to support academic achievement
2. Plans, organizes and conducts parental involvement activities to ensure increased student achievement
3. Works as part of the leadership team with the building principal
4. Identifies, plans, organizes and conducts professional development relevant to school needs
5. Researches, identifies, and models best practices
6. Facilitates the development of a quality and effective learning environment
7. Manages district and site-based instructional programs/initiatives
8. Assists teachers in planning, implementing and monitoring intervention strategies that support identified low performing students
9. Coordinates effective curriculum implementation, classroom instruction, and classroom management
10. Completes informal teacher observations and TEM evaluations as directed by the Principal
11. Performs other related duties to support the academic achievement of students
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree. Master's Degree preferred in Curriculum and Instruction and/or Administrative & Supervision (Educational Leadership) and requires five (5) years of demonstrated successful teaching experience; requires valid Tennessee Teacher's Certificate and meet the definition of 'highly qualified'; Endorsements: 9-12.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requires knowledge of Shelby County Schools curriculum, instructional goals, procedures, and practices Strong knowledge of No Child Left Behind laws and regulations In-depth knowledge of principles of effective instruction from advance curriculum and content and instruction Knowledge of growth and development and learning theory Skill in assessment and evaluation of students Ability to manage curriculum development, in-service training, and related activities and provide a high level of instructional leadership for teachers and administrators; Excellent human relations skills and ability to establish and maintain successful cooperative working relationship with appropriate school communities, and school-based and central office staffs Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Strong organizational and management skills
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job