Qualifications: 1. Valid Arkansas teaching certificate for elementary grades (K-6, 1-6, PK-4).
2. Master’s degree in education, curriculum, instruction, or English-As-A-Second-Language (ESL) preferred.
3. Arkansas ESL Endorsement required or equivalent training/certification preferred.
4. Preference will be given to candidates with previous successful experience in similar roles with English Learners.
5. Three or more years of successful teaching in elementary grades including the use of effective instructional practices for English Learners.
6. Prior successful experience(s) planning and presenting professional development to colleagues or other educators.
7. Successful experience in teaching English Learners in small groups to meet grade level expectations.
8. Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
9. Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.
10. Demonstrates the conviction that all children can and will learn in the Little Rock School District.
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: To raise academic achievement of all English Learners at the Baseline Academy through: structured, job-embedded support designed to enhance elementary intervention practices, and support students’ increased academic and language learning by providing supplemental instruction to groups of English Learners based on individual student needs.
Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Promotes the fidelity of core classroom instruction towards reaching the Common Core State Standards and Arkansas English Language Proficiency (ELP) Standards, through regular and effective planning.
2. Implements the LRSD curriculum and instructional design as supported by adopted resources, proven instructional practices, assessments, and targeted supplemental materials.
3. Utilizes coaching strategies including modeling, guidance, and collaboration/reflection to fully implement LRSD curriculum and instructional design.
4. Disaggregates and uses student and school data for English Learners, to guide instructional conversations and collaboration with the Baseline Academy leadership team, individual classroom teachers, and Professional Learning Communities.
5. Assists teachers in utilizing current and emerging technologies to engage and enhance student learning with a focus on Language Acquisition.
6. Serves as an instructional leader for the school focusing on raising the rigor of instruction and the level of academic achievement for all students, with a focus on English Learners.
7. Provides differentiated supplemental support to identified English Learners.
8. Plans and delivers differentiated professional development at the Baseline Academy that directly supports and raises academic achievement for all students, with a focus on English Learners.
9. Attends identified training, implements new learning, and serves as a liaison [ESL Coordinator] between Baseline Academy and ESL Department.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment: TEACHER – 9.75 months contract, plus benefits package. NOTE: Precise placement within the salary range will be determined based upon experience and education. FLSA: Exempt. An extended day contract is required to reflect the extended school day.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
Application Deadline: until a satisfactory applicant is recommended and approved.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Little Rock School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Arkansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Little Rock School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job