Special Education (Visually Impaired)
School / Org:
Elk Grove Unified School District
Elk Grove, California
No. of Positions:
EAN CE18 - 35
Thursday, 31 May 2018
Friday, 31 August 2018
Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Special Education - Visually Impaired Teacher - Eligibility Pool
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District
Length of Work Year: Varies
Employment Type: Full and Part Time
Salary: EGEA Salary Schedule #10
Class Title: Teacher, Special Education - Visually Impairments
Basic Function: Under the direction of a site administrator or the Director-Special Education & SELPA, provide instruction, assessment and program planning for special education students with blindness, visual impairment, and deaf-blindness; monitor and evaluate student progress and behavior; research, obtain and provide instructional materials for special education services; serve as an informational resource for students, parents, District personnel and community organizations.
Essential Functions: Provide instruction, assessment and program planning for special education students with blindness, visual impairment, and deaf-blindness; participate in preparing Individual Education Plan goals and objectives for eligible students; suggest alternate resources, programs or interventions for ineligible students.
Monitor and evaluate progress and behavior of eligible special education students; oversee short-term student instruction for ineligible students; prepare report card grades as appropriate.
Research, obtain and provide instructional materials for special education services.
Serve as an informational resource for students, parents, District personnel and community organizations; respond to inquiries and provide information, recommendations and interpretation of student records.
Receive and respond to referrals from faculty, psychologists, parents, administrators, physicians and other personnel; provide screening and academic assessment for special education students referred by the Student Study Team and other referring groups; interpret assessment results for team members; write behavior support plans.
Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities and student progress and behavior; retrieve official records for parents and District personnel as requested.
Coordinate and conduct various team meetings and implement team recommendations as assigned.
Train and provide work direction and guidance to assigned personnel; organize and conduct in-services for parents or staff as directed.
Operate a variety of office and classroom equipment including a computer and assigned software.
Monitor expenditures as appropriate.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge Of: - Practices and procedures of instruction, assessment and program planning for special education students with blindness, visual impairment, and deaf-blindness.
- Basic subjects taught in District schools including mathematics, reading, writing, language arts and spelling.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Child guidance principles and practices related to children with special education needs.
- Classroom procedures and appropriate student conduct.
- Problems and concerns of students with special needs.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Research methods.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Operation of standard office and classroom equipment including a computer and assigned software.
Ability To: - Provide instruction, assessment and program planning for special education students with blindness, visual impairment, and deaf-blindness.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress and behavior.
- Research, obtain and provide instructional materials for special education services.
- Serve as an informational resource for students, parents, District personnel and community organizations.
- Understand and relate to students with special needs.
- Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Learn department and program objectives and goals.
- Interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Operate standard office and classroom equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to read a variety of materials.
Education and Experience Required: - Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree including courses needed to meet credential requirements and student teaching classroom experience.
Licenses and Other Requirements: Education Specialist Instruction Credential – Visual Impairments
Working Conditions: Environment: Office and classroom environment.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job