Cherry Creek School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Registered Nurse - Short Term Nurse
Group / Grade: Substitute - Nurse
Salary: $130.38 per day
Description: - Determines the health needs of incoming and returning students.
- Provides the medical expertise on school, SPED and safety teams.
- Provides for the health needs of students by managing medication administration and delivery of procedures that are required during the school day.
- Trains and delegates to staff in order to provide coverage as needed.
- Coordinates hearing and vision screenings.
- Manages and obtains immunization records for all students.
- Develops and promotes good community relations among various community school clientele.
Qualifications: 1. Current unrestricted RN license from the State of Colorado
2. CPR license
3. CDHS Medication Registry upon hire
4. BSN preferred
5. Communication skills
6. Team Building
8. Leadership skills
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Provides for the delivery and documentation of health service to students under the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act, and district policies and procedures.
2. Teams with health care providers, parents and school personnel to identify, develop and implement applicable Plans that mitigate health-related obstacles to learning.
3. Coordinates staff development (including but not limited to universal precautions, child abuse prevention, infectious disease guidelines).
4. Serves as a knowledgeable resource on health related topics for staff and parents.
5. Reports to ACDHS or law enforcement as required.
6. Attends school meetings (school, nurse and district.)
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Experience: - You must be a current active substitute for Cherry Creek Schools in order to apply for this position.
- Minimum of one year hospital experience; previous school nursing experience preferred.
Working Conditions: - Heavy physical effort (lifting up to 50 pounds)
- Computer entry
- Working with others
- Working alone
- Responding to emergencies requires occasional running
Start Date: August 13, 2018
Other Information: THIS IS A SHORT TERM NURSING ASSIGNMENT. This assignment will be from (start date TBD) to (end date TBD).
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cherry Creek School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cherry Creek School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job