Lead Teacher/Dept. Head
School / Org:
Jefferson High School
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
No. of Positions:
Thursday, 07 June 2018
Open Until Filled
Cedar Rapids Community Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Digital Literacy Team Member (4 positions)
Location: Jefferson High School
Additional Information: Digital Literacy Trainer Team Member (High School Only)
The Digital Literacy Trainer Team Member will work collaboratively with the Cedar Rapids Community School District Teacher Leadership Team, District Administration, and teaching staff to support teachers and assure that we deliver on the District Vision of Every Learner: Future Ready.
Supervised by: Building Administrator
Position Summary: Inspire and participate in the development and implementation of a shared vision for the comprehensive integration of technology and digital literacy to promote excellence in teaching and support transformational change throughout the instructional environment.
# of Positions:
13 (extra duty only – HS)
Summer:24 hours at $25.00/hour
School Year: 16 hours
Job Requirements: - Standard Iowa Teaching License with three years of teaching experience with at least one year of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District.
- Lead professional learning sessions and after school sessions as by district professional learning needs.
- Demonstrate evidence of masterful teaching and creation of high quality units of instruction
- Demonstrate evidence for the enhancement of others’ professional growth
- Demonstrate high capacity to evoke students’ motivation to positively impact student learning and achievement
- Successful experience and knowledge in collaborating with adult learners
- Successful experience in communication and presentation skills
- Superb organizational skills in planning, organizing learning experiences and materials, and meeting timelines for a variety of demands
Essential Job Elements: - Engage in continuous professional learning experiences, including but not limited to, district and vendor-provided professional learning opportunities to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in digital learning and current/emerging technologies
- Design, develop, and implement technology-rich professional learning (including PL days, designated PL Fridays, and after school workshops) that models principles of adult learning and promotes digital-age best practices in teaching, learning, and assessment
- Coach teachers to incorporate research-based best practices in instructional design when planning technology-enhanced learning experiences addressing content standards and student technology standards
- Evaluate results of professional learning sessions to determine the effectiveness of deepening teacher content knowledge, improving teacher pedagogical skills and/or increasing student learning
- Promote the engagement of students in local and global interdisciplinary units in which technology helps students assume professional roles, research real-world problems, collaborate with others, and produce products that are meaningful and useful to a wide audience
- Model design and implementation of technology-enhanced learning experiences emphasizing creativity, higher-order thinking skills and processes, and mental habits of mind (e.g., critical thinking, meta-cognition, and self-regulation)
- Effectively use a rich variety of formative and summative assessments aligned with content and student technology standards
- Conduct curriculum peer review and peer observations to analyze effect on student learning and formulate improvement strategies
- Design web-based tutorial sessions as needed
- Other duties as assigned by building and/or district administration as related to digital literacy and learning
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth: - All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used.
- TLS rubric identifying levels of development will be used to monitor growth and determine if the teacher leader is performing at a satisfactory level to continue in the teacher leader role.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cedar Rapids Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Iowa. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cedar Rapids Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job