Rockford Public School District is seeking applications for the following position(s):
English 9 Curriculum Implementation Leader (Differential)
Location: Auburn High School
Purpose of the Position - Curriculum Implementation Leader (Differential): The Curriculum Implementation Leader will actively coordinate between district curriculum leadership and teachers within their discipline and school while fully implementing best instructional practices to execute the curriculum and improve student educational outcomes. The teacher in this role serves as an expert in specific course curriculum implementation in order to provide job-embedded support to teachers within a specific course or content area.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential function of this position. The position requires regular in-district travel and moderate external travel to support ongoing professional learning. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Boardís strategic plan.
- Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions necessitate.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Serves as a model teacher, PLC leader, and Curriculum Leadership Team (CLT) member for the course or discipline; may serve on the school leadership team.
- Regularly meets with the Curriculum Department Dean and other Curriculum Implementation Leaders in order to monitor and review system and department-wide implementation of curriculum and instructional practices.
- Guides PLC through the process of creating Type 3 formative and summative assessments aligned to the district curriculum; guides PLC through assessment data analysis in relation to curriculum implementation.
- Engages in continuous professional learning in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and assessment as provided by the Curriculum Dean. This may include, but is not limited to: reading professional materials, attendance at seminars and conferences within and outside the district.
- Supports, guides, monitors, and assists with curriculum implementation at the building level through coaching, in building professional development, and two-way classroom observations.
Qualifications: - Successful experience as a teacher.
- Bachelorís degree from an accredited college/university and Illinois State Board of Education.
- Teacher of record for the course or content area for the majority of the day.
- Has completed or is enrolled in district-sponsored mandatory training for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: - Demonstrated proficiency in the following: a variety of research-based techniques/programs, in the administration and analysis of assessments and the use of data to guide instructional practice and intervention, a growth mindset.
- Experience facilitating groups and working with adult learners (using common technology platforms to collaborate, instruct, and communicated) - preferred
Length of Work: 9 month position with required summer work (up to 7 days of work in the summer). The length of work will be determined on a yearly basis by the position supervisor.
Working Conditions: Moderate in-district travel as well as intermittent in-state and out-of-state travel. Intermittent prolonged and irregular hours of work.
Other: This job description describes duties and responsibilities which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The identified duties and responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the school district and employee and is subject to change by the school district as the needs of the school district and requirements of the job change.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Rockford Public School District #205 may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Illinois. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Rockford Public School District #205 in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job