Rockford Public School District is seeking applications for the following position(s):
Assistant Principal of Health Services 12 Month 1.0 FTE (Anticipated)
Location: Administration - Health Services
Purpose of the Position - Supervisor of Health Services: The Supervisor of Health Services ensures the implementation of a comprehensive health program for all students in the Rockford Public Schools. This ensures that each student is given the opportunity to reach his/her fullest potential by preventing or minimizing health problems that interfere with effective learning.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Health Service Staff:
- Certified School Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Homebound Education Tutors
Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance is an essential function of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Carries out such additional duties as required or as conditions necessitate.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Organization and assignment of staff to optimize health service coverage to all district school buildings.
- Supervision of health service and home/hospital staff to ensure compliance to state and district laws, policies, and regulations.
- Evaluation of health service staff per state and district protocol.
- Supervision of district Home/Hospital Programs.
- Review all requests regarding special transportation issues for students and advise the transportation department regarding individual needs.
- Review requests regarding Administrative Transfers for students with specific medical needs and advise the Student Assignment Center regarding the approval of these transfers.
- Pursue, coordinate, and implement community services and resources for students
- Work collaboratively with the local health authority to provide attendance data for the tracking of potentially communicable diseases.
- Pursue, coordinate, and implement community services and resources for students in the RPS (WCHD, Rockford Health Systems, Swedish American Health System, DSCC, Lion’s Club, IDPH, etc.)
- Track and approve district requests for OT, PT, VI, PH, and OHI evaluations by NIA specialists.
- Mediate conflicts and problems regarding health issues throughout the district (staff and students).
- Implement Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan for the District including training and Hepatitis B vaccination programs and required trainings for staff as they relate to medical conditions
- Supervision of state mandated programs for all school districts: health examinations, Dental and vision exams, Immunizations, and hearing and vision screenings.
- Coordinate health service opportunities with area universities for internships, student practicums, and teaching.
- Collect, monitor, store, and maintain accident and safety reports for district.
- Collect, monitor, and store all district referrals to DCFS.
- Revise and update district policies and regulations regarding health issues.
- Revise and update health service policy and procedures as appropriate, and ensure the distribution of information to staff. Maintenance of Health Service Manual.
- Provide inservice training for health service staff; conduct monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure compliance and update staff regarding Special Education issues, attend Special Education supervisor’s meeting.
- Oversee implementation of district Medicaid reimbursement programs within the health service department: including direct “fee-for-service” and Medicaid Outreach.
- Ensure adequate coverage to all school buildings by utilizing substitute nurses or other health service personnel.
- Responsible for the employment process for health service staff, home/hospital staff, those students requiring 1:1 nursing care and substitute nurse positions.
- Responsible to administer the budget of Health Services in the district, and to be fiscally responsible to district guidelines.
- Provide training for nursing staff, serve as a resource, and integrate Electronic Medical Records into daily practice.
- Responsible for maintaining the CPR/AED program for the District. Complete required documents to the state of IL for each AED unit within District buildings.
- Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by supervisor and supervisor may make any adjustments in the above-outlined scope of responsibilities.
- All actions must be in concert with the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Strategic Plan adopted by the Rockford Board of Education.
Qualifications: - Must hold a Type 73 Certification with Supervisory Endorsement by the Illinois State Board of Education. ( Master’s level of education required)
- Must hold current licensure for registered nurse issued by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation and maintain CNE’s as required by the state of IL.
- Must hold current Vision and Hearing certification issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Must hold a CPR Instructor and/or BLS Training Center Faculty status through the American Heart Association.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Leadership skills, communication skills, mediation skills, knowledge of Special Education law and issues, and knowledge of community resources for medical issues. Knowledge of financial restriction and responsibility, knowledge regarding evaluation process per district and state guidelines.
Working Conditions: Moderate in-district travel as well as intermittent in-state and out-of-state travel. Intermittent prolonged and irregular hours of work. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Other: This job description describes duties and responsibilities which are representative of the nature and level of work assigned to the position. The identified duties and responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the school district and employee and is subject to change by the school district as the needs of the school district and requirements of the job change.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Rockford Public School District #205 may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Illinois. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Rockford Public School District #205 in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job