Kansas City Kansas Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Occupational Therapist - Infant Toddler Services
Job Goal: The Occupational Therapist in the Wyandotte County Infant-Toddler Services program serves eligible infants and toddlers and their families in home and community-based settings. The OT engages in evaluation, program planning, caregiver coaching, and team collaboration in order to work toward family-identified outcomes for each child, taking particular leadership in motor, sensory, and self-help/adaptive development.
Essential Functions - Work as a transdisciplinary team member to collaboratively serve eligible infants and toddlers
- Participate in team evaluations to determine the eligibility of referred children
- Participate in team assessment to determine the functional developmental strengths/challenges of eligible children
- Work together with families and other team members to develop appropriate Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs)based upon family-identified priorities
- Deliver ongoing home and community based intervention based upon the IFSP utilizing a coaching model of caregiver support
- Provide and seek coaching and consultation to team members in the service of all children in the program
- Complete appropriate documentation for accountability, billing, and communication with other providers
- Provide Family Service Coordination including management of the intervention process as well as referral to and collaboration with other community resources for assigned families
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written and spoken language
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members of other disciplines (e.g. SLP, ECSE, PT, SW, Nurse, Interpreter)
- Ability to work in partnership with parents/family members
- Ability to apply new skills/information to existing practices
- Ability to manage time efficiently to encompass activities in and out of the office
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a variety of home and community settings including the ability to ascend/descend stairs
- Ability to work comfortably in a variety of positions including seated on the floor
- Ability to carry or pull materials/equipment up to 20 lbs. a distance of up to 100 yds.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualificaitons: - Masterís Degree in Occupational Therapy or related program resulting in KS Certification
- Holds or is eligible for certification by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Evidence of successful experience in the evaluation and treatment of young children with disabilities or developmental delays
- Possess a valid driverís license and reliable vehicle
Communication / Organization: Maintains communication with school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action which will meet the educational needs of students. Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties. Performs other related work as required.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Language Skills: Ability to read and analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, general curriculum and learning theories, correspondence, and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, parents, students, and the general public.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, stand and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must occasionally push items of 20 pounds such as pushing on a bike or wheelchair, or moving/rearranging furniture. While performing the duties of the job the employee occasionally may visit a childís home. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. Is directly responsible for studentsí safety, work output and well-being.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and community; ability to speak clear and concisely in written or oral communication.
Terms of Employment: 186 days
Salary: Based on KCKPS Salary Schedule
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Reports To: Program Coordinator, WCITS
Evaluation: Evaluation of performance will be conducted in accordance with the procedures outlined by the KCKPS Board of Education.
Primary Location: Infant Toddler Program
Salary Range: Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Kansas City Kansas Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Kansas City Kansas Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job