Basic Function & Responsibility: Provide students eligible for services from Regional Day School Program for the Deaf an individualized program that will offer the opportunity for them to reach their fullest academic, communication, auditory, cognitive, emotional, social and behavioral potential.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Instructional Management: - Administer communication assessment in the following areas: Language, Vocabulary, Speech Reading, Auditory Skills, Reading, Written Language and Articulation.
- Assist district in gathering referral information to determine eligibility as Auditory Impaired (AI) and/or services from Regional Day School Program for the Deaf.
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plan goads as part of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) process based on communication assessment and academic area needs.
- Provide direct instruction or collaborative service in the areas of: Language, Audition, Writing, Reading, Speech/Speech reading, and Cognition.
- Provide consultation services according to student program needs which may include; consultation with general education/special education teacher, parent/guardian, and educational interpreters. Student communication mode and expectation levels; Academic performance levels; audiological expectations; instructional modifications; use of interpreters; emotional/behavioral issues related to hearing impaired students and eligibility for related services.
- Work collaboratively with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to District requirements and from recommendations made by the Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) committee.
- Work closely with related service personnel and classroom teachers to ensure that services and modifications for students with disabilities are implemented.
- Develop and implement behavioral intervention plans in accordance with assessment and ARD committee recommendations.
- Develop and deliver lessons according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative guidelines that incorporate accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plans.
Student Management: - Address student issues and needs collaboratively with Regional Day School Program for the deaf consultants of the Education Service Center of Region XIII.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Report student progress according to campus and District guidelines in a timely manner.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Be a positive role model for students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
Management of Administrative, Fiscal and/or Facilities Functions: - Assist with maintenance of auditory equipment; train staff, students, and parents as appropriate; identify equipment malfunctions and facilitate their repair.
- Attend ARD meetings.
- Keep attendance records and all other records pertinent to the AI program for local, state, and federal reports.
- Identify and request materials that would be beneficial to AI students.
- Provide in-service to staff regarding the Regional Day School Program for the Deaf, hearing loss, equipment, individual student needs, and classroom modifications.
- Develop and submit lesson plans, as required.
- Work collaboratively with District staff to serve the needs of all student groups according to the guidelines established in policy.
- Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by principal.
- Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records, and other documents, as required.
- Plan and supervise assignments of volunteers in the classroom, when applicable.
- Follow District and department policies and procedures.
Organization Improvement: - Support the mission and vision of the campus and District.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development: - Participate in professional development activities to improve job-related skills that are aligned with campus and District needs.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees, as required.
Academic Excellence Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives: - Analyze data to determine and address individual student needs.
- Administer state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or campuses.
School/Community Relations: - Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the Districtís initiatives.
Organization Morale: - Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
Other Responsibilities: - Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: - Knowledge of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for assigned area.
- Knowledge of curriculum design, implementation, evaluation, and refinement.
- Knowledge of effective instruction and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement process.
- Skill in using technology as a learning tool in all content areas.
- Skill in engaging others in collective inquiry and problem solving.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, and using data to support student learning.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to enhance instructional practices.
- Ability to administer Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), if applicable.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work responsibilities.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job