Basic Function & Responsibility: Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and ability to excel in assigned sport(s). Contribute to education program as a whole and to growth of students involved in athletics.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Instructional Management: - Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Develop and deliver lessons according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative guidelines that incorporate accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Support and participate in meeting the objectives of the campus/department improvement plans.
Student Management: - Accompany and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions in assigned sports both at-home and on out-of-town trips.
- Instruct and advise students on National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Report student progress according to campus and District guidelines in a timely manner.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Be a positive role model for students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
Program Management: - Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis. Model performance criteria and physical movements required for successful student performance of sport.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Work with athletic director to schedule competitions and plan season activities including practices, special events, and tournaments.
- Drive bus to transport students to district competitions within and outside of the District, as needed.
- Coordinate with transportation department for travel arrangements to out-of-town events.
- Ensure compliance with all University Interscholastic League (UIL) rules.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of coaching program and make changes based on findings.
- Assist in selection of equipment and instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Initiate and approve purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
- Follow proper procedures and guidelines in handling district funds.
- Oversee process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all campus athletic equipment and maintain a current inventory of all equipment and fixed assets within program.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Develop and submit lesson plans, as required.
- Work collaboratively with District staff to serve the needs of all student groups according to the guidelines established in policy.
- Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by principal.
- Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records, and other documents, as required.
- Plan and supervise assignments of volunteers in the classroom, when applicable.
- Follow District and department policies and procedures.
Organization Improvement: - Support the mission and vision of the campus and District.
- Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
Professional Growth and Development: - Maintain all UIL required certifications to include CPR/AED, Rules Compliance Training, and Concussion Training.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve job-related skills that are aligned with campus and District needs.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees, as required.
Academic Excellence Indicators and Campus Performance Objectives: - Analyze data to determine and address individual student needs.
- Administer state-mandated testing at campuses in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and review campus test data and use findings to assist with planning corrective action for the affected group of students and/or campuses.
School/Community Relations: - Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Interface with governmental agencies, business and civic organizations, and the community to provide needed information and to promote the District’s initiatives.
Organization Morale: - Foster positive morale by participating in team building activities and the decision-making process.
- Communicate and collaborate with campus/department staff to enhance service delivery, program development, and customer satisfaction.
Other Responsibilities: - Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local Board policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Provide guidance and direction as assigned.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Round Rock Independent School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Texas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Round Rock Independent School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job