Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Grade 7 Science Teacher
Location: Aspen Middle School
Job Description: Aspen Middle School seeks a Grade 7 Science Teacher to begin duties in August, 2018.
Job Summary: Teach science to 7th grade students at Aspen Middle School, adhering to the CO Academic Science Standards. This position also requires that qualified candidates embrace a “whole child” philosophy. Academic growth and achievement are paramount, in conjunction with outdoor education experiences and a culture of integrity, kindness, and compassion.
Supervisor: This teacher reports to the Principal of Aspen Middle School.
Requirements: Candidates must:
- Possess a current, initial, or professional Colorado teaching license with an endorsement in secondary science or be eligible to obtain this licensure within the first 3 months of employment;
- Demonstrate expertise in teaching the 7th grade CO Academic Science Standards;
- Demonstrate expertise in instruction, including knowledge of the ways in which learning takes place and the appropriate levels of cognitive, social, and emotional development of adolescent students;
- Establish a respectful environment of a diverse population of students, developing a classroom environment in which each student has the opportunity to think independently and express original ideas;
- Facilitate learning for all students using a variety of instructional methods, integrating and utilizing technology, to provide students with opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, encourage exploration of ideas, and develop leadership qualities;
- Take responsibility for student academic growth using a variety of strategies to inform instructional decisions;
- Reflect on teaching practices, analyzing student learning, development, and growth and apply what is learned to improve instruction;
- Possess the ability to communicate and interact effectively and productively, both verbally and in writing, with all staff;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for collaboration, using MTSS framework, with a team of administrators, teachers, and support staff;
- Demonstrate ability to work with cross-departmental and or grade level teams to develop goals for improving student achievement;
- Demonstrate teacher leadership, advocating for students and exhibiting high ethical standards;
- Have a strong desire to extend learning experiences beyond the classroom, including participation in the Aspen Middle School Outdoor Education Program.
General Expectations: - Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that supports and enhances public education;
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the missions of Aspen Middle School and the Aspen School District;
- Displays a willingness to learn new information;
- Uses clear verbal and written communication and strong listening skills;
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with adolescents and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct;
- Formulates goals that reflect the organization’s strategic themes and include specific, measurable outcomes instead of just completing activities;
- Contributes actively to the goals and success of all teams and team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility (give and take) in team discussions, activities, and decision making;
- Maintains high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and confidentiality.
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, and repetitive motion with computer use. The job is performed in a generally clean and comfortable environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The middle school science teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. The Aspen School District reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Primary Location: Aspen Middle School
Salary Range: $42,000.00 - $51,000.00 / Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job