Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Grade 2 Teacher
Location: Aspen Elementary School
Job Description: Aspen Elementary School seeks a full-time grade 2 classroom teacher. Applications will be screened as received until the vacancy is filled.
Requirements: Applicants must possess a current Colorado Teacher License with an endorsement in elementary education or be eligible to obtain this licensure within the first 3 months of hire.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Demonstrate expertise in literacy and mathematics and knowledge of all other content areas she or he teaches, including knowledge of the ways in which learning takes place and the appropriate levels of cognitive, social, and emotional development of the young child;
- Establish a respectful environment of a diverse population of students, developing a classroom learning environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults and other children;
- Facilitate learning for all students using a variety of instructional methods, integrating and utilizing technology, to provide students with opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, encourage exploration of ideas, and develop leadership qualities;
- Reflect on teaching practices, analyzing student learning, development, and growth and apply what is learned to improve instruction;
- Demonstrate leadership, advocating for the school and students and exhibit high ethical standards;
- Take responsibility for student academic growth using a variety of assessments and ongoing improvement of instructional practice;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for collaboration, using a Multiple Tiers of Support System (MTSS) process with a team of administrators, teachers, and support staff.
General Expectations: - Manage oneself by being organized, prepared, and punctual
- Manage resources, meet deadlines, follow through on commitments
- Demonstrate appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations in a manner that enhances the school community
- Act in ways that directly support the missions of Aspen Middle School and the Aspen School District on a consistent basis
- Learn and grow as a professional
- Use clear verbal and written communication and active listening skills
- Develop and maintain rapport and effective relationships with young children and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation and professional conduct
- Contribute to the goals and success of all teams and team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility in team discussions, activities, and decision-making
- Maintain high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and confidentiality
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is performed in a generally clean and comfortable environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Primary Location: Aspen Elementary School
Salary Range: $42,000.00 / Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job