Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Computer Science and Innovation Specialist Teacher
Location: Aspen Middle School
Job Description: Aspen Middle School seeks a Grade 5-8 Computer Science and Innovation Specialist to begin duties in August.
Requirements: Candidates must possess a current Colorado teaching license with an endorsement in Instructional Technology or be eligible to obtain this license within the first 3 months of employment.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Demonstrate expertise in computer science, innovation, robotics, and project-based learning, with knowledge of all other content areas she or he teaches, including awareness of the ways learning takes place and the appropriate levels of cognitive, social, and emotional development of the young child;
- Establish support, inspiration, and respect with a diverse population of students, developing a classroom learning environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults and other children;
- Facilitate learning for all students using a variety of instructional methods, integrating and utilizing technology, to provide students with opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, encourage exploration of ideas, and develop leadership qualities;
- Reflect on teaching practices, analyzing student learning, development, and growth and apply what is learned to improve instruction;
- Demonstrate leadership, advocating for the school and students and exhibit high ethical standards;
- Take responsibility for student academic growth using a variety of assessments and ongoing improvement of instructional practice;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for collaboration, using MTSS framework with a team of administrators, teachers, and support staff; and
- Communicate effectively and interact well with parents and other community members.
Other Responsibilities: - Have a strong desire to extend learning experiences beyond the classroom, including participation in outdoor education;
Collaborate with colleagues and the school community to enhance the teaching profession;
- Identify student needs and collaborate with other staff members in assessing and aiding students to thoughtfully navigate health, attitude, and learning challenges;
- Maintain confidentiality of all student information for the purpose of protecting students, staff, parents and the District;
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on the individual studentís progress;
- Participate in curriculum and other programs within the school and/or on a district level;
- Share in the sponsorship of student activities and participate in faculty meetings and committees;
- May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals or student teachers and monitor standardized tests.
Expectations: - Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education;
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the missions of Aspen Middle School and the Aspen School District;
- Displays a willingness to learn new information;
- Displays mastery of standard spoken English (bilingual Spanish is a plus), a high degree of cultural literacy, and the ability to synthesize complex ideas into easy-to-digest nuggets of information and strong listening skills;
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with children and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct;
- Formulates goals that support the organizationís mission and values, which include specific, measurable outcomes;
- Contributes actively to the goals and success of all teams and team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility in team discussions, activities, and decision making.
- Maintains high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and confidentiality.
Working Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the jobís functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, sitting; significant standing, walking, and repetitive motion with computer use. The job is performed in a generally clean and comfortable environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The middle school teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. The Aspen School District reserves the right to update, revise, or change duties to be performed.
Primary Location: Aspen Middle School
Salary Range: $42,000.00 / Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job