Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
ECE (Infant Room) Teacher
Location: Aspen Preschool
Job Description: Aspen Preschool seeks an early childhood teacher to begin work in the infant room for the 2018-2019.
This position reports to: Preschool Director
Terms of employment: 9-month paraprofessional, classified, non-exempt, At Will employee
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday approximately 7:45 am to 3:45 pm as assigned by preschool director in keeping with the 9 month District work calendar.
Position Summary: The preschool classroom teacher shares responsibility for the care and education of an assigned group of children. This teacher is responsible for implementing curriculum, supervising children, communicating with parents, and providing a healthy and safe environment for children.
Principle Responsibilities: - Supports the social and emotional development of all children to advance intellectual and physical competence
- Demonstrates concern for personal differences between individuals to develop the interests and capabilites of all children
- Fosters an enjoyment of learning while helping young children understand their roles as members of a group to establish positive and productive reciprocal relationships within the classroom
- Plans age developmentally appropriate practices by using a variety of activities which foster exploration, independence, and understanding to establish and maintain a safe, healthy, and enjoyable learning environment
- Accesses children's needs and developmental progression on an ongoing basis, and in cooperation with the Director, adjusts the program/curriculum to focus upon the needs of the individual child and/or group
- Promotes communication with parents through daily progress reports, newsletters, and parent-teacher conferences, maintaining the confidentiality of all information regarding parents and their children
Position Requirements: Minimum Education or Formal Training: Must be in compliance with the requirements of 7.702.54, 7.702.57, or 7.702.58 of the Colorado Department of Human Services.
Minimum Experience: 1 year
- Due to the safety components of this job, the employee must communicate clearly and concisely in English both orally and in writing - bi-lingual Spanish is a plus
- Working knowledge of computers, including software databases
- Working knowledge of general office equipment
General Expectations: Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education;
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the missions, educational objectives, and codes of ethical conduct of the Aspen Preschool and the Aspen School District;
- Displays a willingness to learn new information;
- Uses clear verbal communication and strong listening skills;
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with children and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct;
- Formulates goals that reflect the organization’s strategic theme and include specific, measurable outcomes instead of just completing activities;
- Contributes actively to the goals and success of all teams and team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility (give and take) in team discussions, activities, and decision making;
- Maintains high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and confidentiality.
- Attends all staff meetings;
- Demonstrates responsibility for the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom, considering the health and safety of the students - Assumes an equal share of required preschool housekeeping duties;
- Assists in training new staff members to ensure a smooth transition and coordination of all classroom activities and staff and student inter-relationships;
- Opens and closes the classroom at the beginning and end of the day.
Essential Environmental Demands: Exposure to noise
Exposure to body fluids
Essential Physical Requirements: Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs
Frequent sitting, walking, kneeling, stooping
Occasional climbing , crawling, and running
Supervisory Duties: None
Primary Location: Aspen Preschool
Salary Range: $28,400.00 - $30,950.00 / Salary
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job