Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Aspen Community School
Qualifications/Requirements for the Substitute Teacher: You are required to hold a valid Colorado teaching or substitute certificate. The Human Resources/ Professional Development Office can provide you with information on obtaining a substitute teaching certificate.
You must agree to maintain the confidentiality of all student educational records and information that you generate or to which you are given access as a substitute teacher.
Reports to: Principal
Substitute Teacher Position Description:
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: To help each student realize his/her potential as a worthy and effective member of society, and to implement the educational goals and objectives defined in school district policy.
Performance Responsibilities: - Know and utilize available resources as appropriate.
- Implement lesson plans reflecting district policy and curriculum.
- Keep students involved in purposeful activities, such as inquiry, acquisition of, knowledge and understanding.
- Assist students in the formulation of worthy goals.
- Nurture democratic principles and promote equal educational opportunity.
- Use reasonable disciplinary rules and positive reinforcement.
- Maintain a disciplined learning atmosphere.
- Respond positively to student needs.
- When communicating with students speak clearly, fluently and use appropriate language.
- Display a positive attitude, emotional stability and maturity.
- Exhibit a caring, concerned personal character.
- Accept responsibility inherent in the teaching process.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Be receptive to constructive criticism.
- Show resourceful, creative initiative.
- Maintain and assume responsibility for assigned supply and materials inventory.
- Encourage each student to develop self-discipline and a sense of responsibility.
- Encourage a devotion to excellence.
- Supervise teacher's normal out-of-classroom activities as assigned by principal.
- Evaluate student progress and growth in knowledge and skills.
- Maintain various student records as required by teaching assignment, maintaining confidentiality.
- Assume all regular teacher responsibilities when serving as a long-term substitute.
- Adhere to district policies and directives, and instructions contained in the Substitute Teacher Guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment: Work year as defined on current district calendar but not to exceed 89 days in any school year.
Substitute pay is outlined in the Substitute Guidelines.
Primary Location: District Wide
Salary Information: Daily Rate
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job