Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
School Bus Driver
Job Description: Aspen School District seeks bus drivers to begin duties immediately. Applications will be reviewed as received until positions filled.
Reports To: Director of Transportation
Terms of Employment: 9-month classified, Non-exempt, At Will employee.
Work Schedule: As per individual assignment in keeping with assigned 9 month work calendar.
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to safely transport students to and from school as well as off-campus school related activities.
Principle Responsibilities: - Maintain discipline among students while they are being transported to ensure safety of all passengers on the bus
- Operate large school buses in a safe and lawful manner during varying weather, road, and traffic conditions on assigned route in accordance with Colorado Rules and Regulations Governing Operation of School Transportation Vehicles Manual
- Perform pre and post trip bus inspections and periodic student evacuation drills in compliance with district rules and regulations for passenger safety
- Operate large school buses for an extended period of time to transport students off-campus for special activity trips, driving in a lawful and safe manner in unfamiliar surroundings varying from congested city streets to mountain roadways
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
Position Requirements: - Minimum Education or Formal Training: High School or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 4 to 6 years of driving experience
- Due to the safety responsibilities involved with this position, drivers must be able to communicate clearly in English both orally and in writing; bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Ability to pass state required physical exam and random drug testing per Rules and Regulations for operators of school transportation vehicles of the Colorado Dept. of Education
General Expectations: - Knowledge of Colorado laws and rules regarding traffic safety, including traffic signs, signals, and devices
- Knowledge of safe motor vehicle operation including checking gas, oil, signals, wipers, brakes and other components to assure proper levels and operation
- Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education.
- Displays willingness to learn new information
- Satisfactorily completes a course in bus driving as presented by the Aspen School District Transportation Department
- Ability to get along well with children and command their respect
- Learn bus routes and complete scheduled routes in timely manner, exhibiting flexibility as changes in schedules and routes occur
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with children and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with teachers, administrators, and all those contacted in the course of work
- Observe all district policies and procedures
Licenses or Certification: - Current drivers license with good driving record
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Colorado Commercial Drivers License, special school bus operator's permit
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
Essential Environmental Demands: Exposure to noise, dirt/dust, odors or fumes, hazardous materials or situations, and temperature extremes
Essential Physical Requirements: - Occasional standing
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs for bus evacuation situations - possibly over 50 lbs if driving special needs school bus
- Physical ability to lower oneself to the ground, assisting students as necessary, to perform emergency evacuation from the back door of a school bus.
- Constant reaching and sitting
- Repetitive motion
Supervisory Duties: None
Primary Location: District Wide
Salary Information: $22.11/hr / Per Hour
Shift Type: Part-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job