Description: - Performs complex professional and difficult administrative work in the administration and supervision of an elementary, middle, or high school and its multitude of instructional, noninstructional and extracurricular programs; does related work as required. Work is performed under general supervision. Supervision is exercised over teaching and support staff.
- Developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies and goals of the School Board; meeting and conferring with students, parents, faculty and staff; maintaining records and files; preparing reports.
- Plans, organizes, and directs implementation of all school activities;
- Establishes and maintains an effective learning climate in the school; provides for the efficient conduct of school instruction and business;
- Initiates, designs, and implements programs to meet specific needs of the school; directs and monitors the development of the school's instructional program;
- Makes recommendations concerning the school's administration and instruction; assists in the preparation of the school budget and monitors expenditures;
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports, records, lists, and all other required information and data;
- Coordinates and works with the central administrative staff on school problems;
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation and observance of all Board policies and regulations by the school's staff and students; interprets and enforces school division's policies and regulations;
- Schedules classes within established guidelines to meet studentís needs;
- Assists in the development, revision, and evaluation of the curriculum; supervises the guidance program;
- Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline as necessary, according to School Board policy and the due process rights of students;
- Maintains and controls the various local funds generated by student activities;
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate records on the progress and attendance of students;
- Supervises all professional, paraprofessional, administrative, and non-professional personnel assigned to the school;
- Participates in the selection and supervision of all school building personnel;
- Evaluates and counsels all staff members regarding their individual and group performance;
Supervises the daily use of the school facilities for both academic and nonacademic purposes;
- Supervises and evaluates all activities and programs that are outgrowths of the school's curriculum;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Other Information: Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in the administration and supervision of an elementary, middle, or high school; thorough knowledge of prescribed school board policies and procedures; skill in oral and written communications; ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, students, parents, teachers, support staff and associates. Extensive administration experience.
Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
Working Conditions: Essential:
* Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force.
* Work requires using fingers.
* Work requires repetitive motions.
* Spoken word required for expressing/exchanging ideas.
* Hearing required to perceive info at normal levels
* Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data.
* Visual acuity required for operation of motor vehicles/equip
* Visual acuity is required for observing surroundings.
* Visual acuity is required for determining accuracy of work.
* Not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Chesapeake Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Chesapeake Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job