Chesapeake Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Substitute - Classroom Instruction
Calendar Days: On Call - As Needed
Educational Requirements: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and at least 30 semester hours of college credit.
Description: Performs responsible supervision, teaching and/or training services to students in general instruction, in a specialized subject, or assigned group of subjects; motivating students to develop skill in assigned subject matters; does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision. Limited coordination responsibilities with assigned paraprofessionals.
- Teaching in an elementary, secondary or vocational school instructional program and class environment favorable to learning; teaching a broad range of subjects or specialized subject matter(s); teaching special needs students; motivating students to achieve maximum potential;
- Follows teacherís substitute lesson plans using existing instructional materials;
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences;
- Integrates subject area content and technology as directed by lesson plans;
- Instructs students in area(s) of specialization and subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district;
- Maintains a safe classroom environment;
- Maintains standards of behavior;
- Implements behavior modification programs for special needs students;
- Encourages students to think independently, develop and express original ideas;
- Maintains appropriate records; prepares reports for classroom teachers;
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education and self-selected professional books and instructional materials;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Other Information: Thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to maintain standards of behavior; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Chesapeake Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Chesapeake Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job