Chesapeake Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Homebound Instruction Teacher
Calendar Days: On Call - As Needed
Educational Requirements: * Bachelor's Degree
Description: Performs responsible supervision, teaching and/or training services to students in general instruction. Homebound instructors while certified teachers, are generally licensed in one subject area. They depend heavily on the classroom teacher in areas outside their expertise.
- Maintain close contact with the designated school representative to develop and implement appropriate educational programs;
- Obtain materials and assignments from the designated school representative;
- Consult with the school nurse regarding the studentís medical disabilities and limitations;
- Contact the parent/guardian to establish convenient days and hours for instruction;
- Ensure that a parent/guardian or other responsible adult will be present in the home during the period of instruction;
- Be prompt and prepared for each visit;
- Keep abreast of approved dates of homebound instruction and not teach past timelines set;
- Maintain student academic and medical confidentiality;
- Ensure that all work completed by the student is returned to the appropriate person in the school;
- Maintain contact with the schoolís homebound coordinator concerning progress of student, letting the coordinator know if homebound is still appropriate for the student; Advise the Supervisor of Health Services if a homebound student is reporting to a place of employment during the period of time approved for services.
Other Information: Thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to maintain standards of behavior; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
Possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s), and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board.
Working Conditions: Essential:
* Exertion of up to 10 pounds of force.
* Exertion of up to 20 pounds of force.
* Work requires stooping.
* Work requires reaching.
* Work requires standing.
* Work requires walking.
* Work requires pushing.
* Work requires pulling.
* Work requires lifting.
* Work requires repetitive motions.
* Hearing required to perceive info at normal levels
* Spoken word required for expressing/exchanging ideas.
* Visual acuity is required for determining accuracy of work.
* Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing data.
* Visual acuity is required for observing surroundings.
* Subject to inside environmental conditions.
* Subject to outside environmental conditions.
* Subject to hazards.
* Subject to noise.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Chesapeake Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Chesapeake Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job