Special Education (Visually Impaired)
School / Org:
Harrison High School
No. of Positions:
Thursday, 14 June 2018
Sunday, 01 July 2018
Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Visually Impaired Teacher
Location: Harrison High School
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 190
Primary Function: Works with parents/guardians to develop and provide an appropriate special education program to eligible students with disabilities.
Requirements: 1. Education Level: Bachelor Degree required; If you are seeking alternative certification, you must have passed or exempted the GACE Basic Skills Test and the GACE Special Education General Curriculum Content Test
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities; ability to lift a student up to a weight of 40 pounds without assistance; ability to perform a 2 person lift for students over 40 pounds
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication, instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners, student management
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Completes designated follow-up procedures for students referred for special education service.
3. Develops, implements, monitors, and reviews the Individual Education Program (IEP) of each student on the caseload, at least annually.
4. Works with parents/guardians in all aspects of their childís educational program.
5. Compiles, maintains, and submits all required records.
6. Provides educational services according to the guidelines of the program and through the established delivery model for service.
7. Assures all due process procedural safeguards are afforded to students and their parents/guardians.
8. Uses carefully designed behavior management strategies, as indicated.
9. Administers evaluations and collects data on student progress toward mastery of established goals and objectives.
10. Serves as a resource to the general education teachers who teach students with disabilities.
11. Meets the unique needs of special populations, i.e., lifting and positioning moderately intellectually disabled, orthopedically impaired, severely and profoundly disabled.
12. Meets expectations according to the general education teacher job description.
13. Demonstrates proficiency instructing students in the use of contracted Braille and Nemeth Code.
14. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of Braille technology; produces materials in Braille using Braille computer programs and embossers and using and teaching the use of electronic Braillers.
15. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of text to speech computer software.
16. Demonstrates knowledge and use of techniques for instruction of low vision students to include the use of magnification devices.
17. Demonstrates knowledge of techniques to instruct students in adapted living skills related to vision loss.
18. Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Estimated Start Date: *07/18/2018
Salary Range: $42,363.54 - $89,264.25 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job