Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
School Leadership Intern, Elementary
Location: Shallowford Falls Elementary School
Division: Leadership and Learning
Department: Area Assistant Superintendent
Reports To: Principal
Work Days: 190
Primary Function: Performs entry-level administrative work under immediate supervision and trains in the techniques used in school administration while providing assistance to experienced administrative staff. The intern will have opportunities to practice and demonstrate proficiency in leadership tasks and skills. Employment in this position is limited to one scholastic year.
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate at Level 5 or higher and passing score on the GACE Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership - Program Entry (370) Assessment (http://gace.ets.org/); actively working toward completion of a leadership program in order to obtain leadership certification preferred
3. Experience: 3 years successful educational experience
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication with staff, faculty, and parents; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners, student management; technology skills; ability to function calmly and effectively under pressure; demonstrated success at multi-tasking; time/task management; project organization
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Provides student supervision assigned by Principal as a member of the Administrative Team.
3. Observes and evaluates (if TKES credentialed) instruction in individual classes as assigned by Principal.
4. Actively participates in the collection/analysis/utilization of national/state and local student performance data to identify patterns of achievement in order to design and implement appropriate instructional interventions.
5. Collects, records, organizes, and analyzes data relative to budget analysis, system and procedure analysis, space and manpower requirements, and related organizational studies.
6. Aids in the assurance of processes, procedures, structures, and products that focus the operations of the school to ensure attainment of standards and high levels of learning for all students.
7. Supports and reinforces the school as a community of learning and involves parents and community members as active and sustained participants in school governance, decision-making, and problem solving.
8. Prepares, implements and completes projects as determined by site Principal, addressing competencies required to be a successful school leader. Projects are to be determined in conjunction with needs of the sites, as well as needs of the intern.
9. Maintains an activity log to show areas of experience and areas in need of further opportunities.
10. Prepares responses to correspondence and questionnaires under the direction of the Principal.
11. Assist administration with discipline as needed.
12. Assists as requested in fiscal responsibilities, planning, accounting, implementing the budget for the department/school, and the effective allocation of resources.
13. Carries out duties in accordance with federal and state laws, Code of Ethics, demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality, including social etiquette and respect when interacting with students, parents, staff, community, and other professionals.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $46,841 - $89,264 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job