Cobb County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Principal, Middle School
Location: Chief Leadership & Learning
Division: Leadership and Learning
Department: Leadership and Learning
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent
Work Days: 240
Overview: This is an open posting for those interested in principal positions for the 2018-19 school year. By submitting your application you inform the Leadership Management & Development Office in Human Resources and the Leadership Division that you are interested in a principal position for the upcoming school year. Tier I interviews will begin in October.
The Cobb County School District is the second largest school district in Georgia and among the largest in the United States, with over 112,000 students, 112 schools, 15,000 employees and a $1B annual general fund budget. The principal position provides vision and leadership in the ongoing establishment of goals, strategic planning, development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning to ensure that each student is provided with a rich and rigorous educational experience.
Primary Function: The Principal provides the vision and leadership to promote and sustain high academic achievement for all students and successfully carry out the implementation of the District strategic plan; exhibits thorough knowledge and practice of instructional leadership rules and regulations pertaining to instructional and assessment programs; displays proficiency in the integration of instructional technology; demonstrates operational and financial acumen; and deals sensitively and responsibly with the community, central office departments, and all internal and external customers.
Cobb County School’s Core Competencies: Cobb County’s Human Resource Division, in conjunction with school and district leadership, has developed a set of core competencies that, when demonstrated, enhance the probability of a Principal’s success.
This set of standards serves as a consistent thread that runs through our interview, selection and leadership development processes. They allow for us to clearly articulate that which makes a successful Cobb County Principal.
Core Competencies - Establishes a strategic direction and clear vision for instruction
- Shapes organizational culture and climate through meaningful relationships with stakeholders
- Ensures students’ physical, social and emotional safety
- Leads and supports change and innovation
- Manages the budget and resources through a clear and collaborative process
- Builds Cobb’s talent through effective hiring, management and retention of employees
- Develops self and others through Cobb’s culture of PLCs
- Communicates effectively with all stakeholders
Requirements: 1. Educational Level: Master Degree in Educational Leadership, Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership preferred
2. Certification/License Required: GA Educational Leadership Certificate, Level 5 or higher; or comparable certificate from out-of-state which must meet GA Professional Standards Commission requirements
3. Experience: 6 years successful educational experience including 3 years administrative experience
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; leadership; communication; planning
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
Essential Duties: 1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Communicate effectively and appropriately within the school and community.
3. Observes and evaluates the performance of employees.
4. Supervises student and staff conduct and monitors their progress toward achieving specified goals.
5. Interviews and recommends applicants for employment according to federal, state, and county policies and procedures.
6. Promotes public relations and facilitates positive communications between the school and community.
7. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of curriculum. Supervises and evaluates the instructional program.
8. Establishes a positive school climate that includes high expectations, interactive teaching, clearly defined goals and objectives.
9. Implements student support team functions according to guidelines.
10. Assures optimum intra- and inter-school articulation, coordination, and program implementation.
11. Monitors school wide goal setting, implementation and evaluation.
12. Administers and improves the total school program in compliance with all procedures, standards and regulations.
13. Supervises the maintenance and operations of the school food service program.
14. Organizes and coordinates programs, tasks, and materials to enhance student learning and teacher effectiveness.
15. Organizes and supervises all appropriate curricular and extracurricular activities of the students and school.
16. Implements procedures to assure the safety and welfare of students and staff including traffic control and student transportation.
17. Supervises the maintenance and operation of all school facilities and grounds.
18. Organizes and manages meetings, conflicts, reports and paperwork.
19. Develops a school budget, accounts for school funds and administers all budget related matters according to established state and county regulations and guidelines.
20. Reviews disbursement packages for proper documentation and signatures in accordance with local school accounting procedures.
21. Determines the validity and appropriateness of purchases.
22. Demonstrates consistently appropriate fiscal management of funds for which he/she is responsible in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
23. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Other Information: The Principal has important responsibilities in the school community. As such, the actions of this position are potentially subject to a high degree of public and community scrutiny and must always reflect the efficient and effective use of resources. The candidate must demonstrate operational and financial acumen and deal sensitively and responsibly with the community, central office departments, various groups and organizations, and a diverse community.
Salary Range: $77,387 - $123,443 / Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cobb County School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cobb County School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job