Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Special Services Center
Starting Date: 7-18-18
Additional Job Information: School psychologists should apply
Job Title: Psychometrist
Qualifications: 1. Alabama certification as a Psychometrist at the master's level or above.
2. Minimum of three years teaching experience or equivalent clinical experience.
3. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may deem appropriate and acceptable.
Reports To: Special Education Coordinator
Job Goal: To achieve and maintain standards of excellence in the selection, administration, scoring, and interpretation of appropriate test and testing instruments.
Performance Responsibilities: 1. Serve as a member of the Eligibility Determination Committee.
2. Select testing instruments that are appropriate for each student's exceptionality.
3. Observe the referred child(ren) during testing for any language barrier, sensory, motor, or emotional impairment which might require any subsequent specialized testing.
4. Arrange for prompt testing of new referrals and timely re-evaluation of special education students.
5. Administer test using standardized, non-biased procedures as specified in testing manuals.
6. Score test(s) accurately and objectively according to standardized, non-biased procedures as outlined in the test manual.
7. Prepare written evaluation report(s) which includes reason for referral, relevant background information, conditions of testing and test behavior, test findings and analysis, and educational strategies and recommendations.
8. Explain test results to Eligibility Determination Committee.
9. Conduct parent/guardian conferences upon request.
10. Adhere to time-lines which have been set for assigned tasks.
11. Make recommendations on the basis of student assessment results to Eligibility Determination Committee.
12. Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of students who have been evaluated for Special Education programs.
13. Adhere to local and state Board policies.
14. Stay current regarding newly adopted intellectual evaluations as specified by the State Department of Education.
15. Provide in-service education to regular classroom teachers, when requested, concerning the interpretation of test results.
16. Maintain confidentiality of all Board of Education business.
17. Be regular and punctual in attendance.
18. Perform such other job-related tasks that may be assigned.
Terms of Employment: Nine- or ten-month contract. Pay according to teacher salary schedule. Exempt employee.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Alabama. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job