Clayton County Public Schools is seeking applicants for the following position(s):
Substitute Teacher 2018-2019
Location: Clayton County Public Schools
Job Description: A substitute teacher or substitute parapro is the person responsible for the learning, safety, and well-being of students during the time he/she is assigned to a given classroom. They will need to implement the teachers' lesson plans during their absence in order to carry on the instructional program. Substitute teachers need to be dependable and arrive promptly for their assignments. They are expected to dress and conduct themselves professionally. It is important to be flexible and willing to adjust to changes in the assignment according to the needs of the school. This position is part-time, on-call as needed with assignments available during the school year
- Applicants must hold at least a Bachelor's Degree with at least 2.5 GPA.
- Daily subs are limited to work 16 days per calendar month (7 hour days).
- If working in approved long-term assignments, the sub will work the regular employee's hours and be exempt from the limited hours during that assignment.
- Online substitute application must be complete. At least 2 professional references, including one from a recent supervisor (listed in your list of jobs in your employment section), must be returned to the application before it can be reviewed for hire. Due to the large volume of applicants, it is not possible to hire everyone that applies. Human Resources will ONLY contact those applicants selected for hire after a full review of their application. Notifications about the application will be by email.
- Candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check and participate in a Substitute Orientation Program if they are selected as a candidate for a position.
- Once the hiring process is complete, substitutes will be able to select the schools and levels they wish to work. They will be set up in our automated absence system called Absence Management. Instructions to use this system will be discussed at the orientation session.
$93 per day worked subbing for teacher
$120 per day worked long-term for teacher (10 or more consecutive days for the same teacher)
$137 per day worked long-term for teacher if sub holds a valid GA teaching certificate
$83 per day worked subbing for parapro
$73 per day worked subbing for Pre-K teacher assistant
Salary Range: Substitute
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Clayton County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Georgia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Clayton County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job