Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Trezevant High School
Purpose and Scope: The Graduation Coach is engaged in high school graduation assistance activities, including but not limited to working with students, school faculty and staff, parents, and guardians. The Graduation Coach will provide assistance to all high school students, individually and in groups, regarding high school graduation and completion, including but not limited to analyzing data to identify students or subgroups with potential high school graduation problems; planning, implementing, and tracking individual high school graduation plans; identifying and resolving barriers to graduation; and facilitating career choices and planning.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Identifies and counsels high school students at risk of dropping out and develops strategies to continue to engage them in learning throughout their high school career, using relevant academic and behavioral data and other measures.
2. Develops and implements Engagement and Career plans for students who are at risk for not graduating, working with teachers, counselors, parents, employers, mentors and other individuals or organizations that have responsibility for or that significantly influence the student's personal and school life.
3. Reviews and monitors student's Engagement and Career Plans each semester and make adjustments, as necessary; and work with appropriate parties when student is not adhering to Engagement Plan.
4. Provides training and/or support to middle school and high school teachers on support measures that work with youth identified as at risk for not graduating.
5. Works with faculty and administrators to develop credit recovery and alternative options to adapt curriculum and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of identified at risk students.
6. Develops and implements individual, small group, and whole school intervention and prevention strategies to increase the likelihood that students will stay in school and graduate.
7. Develops Transition Programs and Vertical Teams with Middle and High Schools
8. Conducts quarterly vertical team meetings among middle and high school faculty and staff to develop action steps to improve individual student and subgroup transition success rate.
9. Collaborates with teachers, counselors, and/or advisors to assure the continued use of the transition process for 8th graders and freshmen to help students successfully adapt to the rigors of the high school experience.
10. Facilitates collaborations with parents/guardians, community organizations, and other resources.
11. Connects individual students and their parents/guardians with community organizations and programs.
12. Develops or works with local mentoring programs, business and/or community coaches to connect individual students with mentors.
13. Provides support and outreach to parents/guardians of students identified as being at risk of not graduating.
14. Provides and/or submit reports as scheduled/requested.
15. Attends and participates in ongoing professional development.
16. Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in education, training, subject field, curriculum or related content area. Master's degree preferred.
A valid Tennessee certificate in Teaching, Service (School Counseling, School Psychology, and/or School Social Work), and/or Leadership Knowledge required.
Five (5) years of successful counseling/teaching experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify challenges and actively work to find solutions;
Excellent data analysis skills and experience synthesizing data to drive action steps and data-supported solutions;
Superb computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with others at all levels of the organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
Outstanding written and oral communication and facilitation skills
Communicates effectively, tailoring message for the audience, context, and mode of communication.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job