Little Rock School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Forest Heights STEM Academy
Qualifications: 1. Bachelorís degree from a four-year college or university.
2. Valid Arkansas teaching certificate in Middle School Math 6-8.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Knowledge of online database management systems.
5. Evidence of ability to work with diverse student populations.
6. Evidence of a strong commitment to quality desegregated education.
7. Strong interpersonal skills.
8. Evidence of strong organizational skills.
9. Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
Reports To: Reports directly to the Principal
Job Goal: To provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. To enable students to develop competencies and skills necessary to function successfully in society.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the location and at the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with those goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the site provided and the needs and capabilities of the students.
8. Assesses the accomplishments of students and provides progress reports.
9. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as time permits.
10. Maintains content area inventory through periodic purchase requests approved by the principal.
11. Integrates mathematics with other content areas by illustrating mathematical applications.
12. Assists in identifying and utilizing community resources such as field trips.
13. Assumes the primary responsibility for teaching mathematics to assigned students and to coach/sponsor math competitions such as Math Olympiads.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment: Nine and one-fourth (9.25) month teacher contract (190 days), plus benefit package. NOTE: Precise placement within the salary range will be determined based upon education and experience. FLSA: Exempt
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Boardís Policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Little Rock School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Arkansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Little Rock School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job