Special Education (Resource)
School / Org:
It's About Kids Support Services
No. of Positions:
Tuesday, 10 July 2018
Wednesday, 18 July 2018
Fayette County Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
District Wide Exceptional Child Resource Instructor focus on Middle school behavior / PASS 1.0 FTE
Location: It's About Kids Support Services
Date Available: 18/19 School Year
Description: Assist principals, general and special education teachers and instructional assistants in developing specific instructional strategies, behavior management plans, and academic programs for students with disabilities. Assist school personnel in determining appropriate educational classroom settings. Participate in Admission and Release Committee meetings as a consultant to the committee.
Job Summary: - Coordinate on-going staff development activities for general and special education teachers and instructional assistants supporting students with disabilities regarding effective instructional strategies, overall program development and identification procedures.
- Assist principals, general and special education teachers and classroom assistants with instructional programming, curriculum implementation, accommodations and extensions to increase access to and participation in the general education curriculum and program of studies, and material selection for students with disabilities.
- Provide consultation and direct assistance to administrative and teaching staff and parents regarding programs and services for students with disabilities.
- Implement federal and state regulations and district policies and procedures relative to identification and service delivery of students with disabilities.
- Develop and coordinate plans with other resource specialists related to programs and service delivery for students with disabilities.
- Keep abreast of research, trends in motivation, instructional materials and equipment, methodology, professional literature and other important aspects related to educating students with disabilities.
- Develop, coordinate and provide on-going professional development activities for special education and general education staff.
- Keep a current inventory of materials, equipment, and needed repairs.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: - Special education teaching certification.
- Masterís Degree and three (3) years of successful special education teaching experience.
- Kentucky Teaching Certificate in an area of Special Education. A strong knowledge base is needed in special education curriculum and instruction; ability to budge and use time efficiently, and ability to work with and relate well to others
Working Conditions: - Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull light weights
Salary: Based on Teacher Salary Schedule determined by education/experience level
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Fayette County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kentucky. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Fayette County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job