School / Org:
Central High School
No. of Positions:
Wednesday, 11 July 2018
Open Until Filled
Detroit Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Day Trade Teacher-Radio and TV
Location: Central High School
Salary Range: DFT Salary Schedule
In accordance with the Agreement between the Detroit Federation of Teachers and the Detroit Public Schools Community District, the following vacancy is announced:
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage as well as illness days.
Reports to: Principal (or Designee)
Position Overview: The DPSCD is seeking a highly qualified individual(s) to fill the above stated career and technical instructional position. The individual must have a strong desire to teach their trade/skills to Detroit youth to prepare them to reach their full potential as they transition to college and/or a career.
Education Valid Michigan Interim Occupation Education, Occupation Education Certificate, or Full Vocational Authorization appropriate for the vocational content of the teaching assignment. Valid License(s) if required by the industry.
Experience In the event that there is no successful candidate available who holds a valid Michigan (Interim) Occupation Education Certificate, candidate must have a minimum of two (2) years or 4000 hours of related work experience in the designated industry. Candidates may be considered for a waiver if work experience does not meet the 4000-hour requirement. Experience must be within 6 years of application. The right candidate must be student-focused and fosters a positive student-learning environment including:
- Knowledge and expertise of the use, maintenance, and the safe operation of tools and equipment, codes or regulations related to the CTE program.
- Proficiency in the following areas: Demonstrated experience in Radio and Television production, excellent written and communication skills, understanding and passion for film, video and radio production work.
- Knowledge and expertise with computer equipment operations and software application relating to the industry.
- Knowledge of curriculum, effective instructional techniques, instructional materials and equipment. Skills in preparing, implementing lesson plans and instructing students.
- Skills in communicating with students, their parents, administrators, and others.
- Skills in supervising students and managing behavior.
- Technology competency. Knowledge of and skills in the use of database, internet, spreadsheet, and related applications.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and accept changes in job duties
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and software such as Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro.
Position Job Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Career and Technical Center Director, the Instructor will:
- Deliver instruction of the curriculum standards.
- Work closely with an industry advisory committee to stay abreast of the current trends and demands of the workplace.
- Update instructional materials / lessons to include new technological practices and knowledge.
- Build good interpersonal relationships and establish positive rapport with students, parents and colleagues.
- Establish student success as a primary teaching goal and provide opportunities for all students to connect their learning to the real world.
- Seek out and participate in professional learning opportunities
- Monitor and keep accurate records of student assignments, projects and homework --providing the most efficient use of academic learning time.
- Establish a classroom climate that is conducive for learning and reinforce positive behavior and high expectations for all students.
- Provide for the well-being, health and safety of all students.
- Adhere to district policies and responds to feedback by school administration
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as required by the director or his/her designee.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Detroit Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Michigan. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Detroit Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job