Bismarck Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Special Education Behavior Specialist
Location: District Wide
Purpose Statement: The successful candidate for the Special Education Behavior Specialist position will work directly with teachers and paraprofessionals providing classroom-based modeling, coaching, and student-specific interventions; will facilitate teacher inquiry and related professional development; will work intensively with students who have significant challenges in their current educational setting and will immediately deal with individual student behavioral/emotional needs.
This job reports to the Special Education Director/Special Education Coordinator.
Essential Functions: - Conduct a variety of assessments related to behavioral programming.
- Facilitate team process of functional behavior assessment and behavior intervention plan development.
- Assist in the implementation of behavioral, instructional support plans, and crisis plans; monitor and report student behavior and performance; provide support and assistance to classroom staff; and perform a variety of clerical duties as assigned.
- Perform a variety of activities in support of instructional programs for students who struggle maintaining self-regulation; assists teachers and staff in development and implementation of program and materials to enhance the studentís learning experience in a school setting. Implements individualized instructional programs within school settings for individuals who have behavior concerns. Prepares appropriate materials; supports children as they transition into general education settings; collects progress data and consults with studentís team.
- Complete and maintain Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification. Assist in developing and administering educational programs for behaviorally/emotionally and/or academically challenged students.
- Working as a collaborative team member with building staff, parents, outside agencies, and district personnel.
- Demonstrate experience and excellence in addressing behavior antecedents, consequences, triggers, and positive behavioral supports.
- Excellence in applying research based instructional practices related to behavior management.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Skills in collecting and using data to inform instructional decision.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with parents and professionals.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Possesses excellent organization skills, self-motivation, and follow through.
- Ability to handle emotionally charged situations and intervene in crisis situations.
- Ability to train others to apply effective behavior management techniques.
- Consult with Special Education staff and administration on:
* Individual student behavior issues.
* Positive behavior supports and interventions.
* Data collection.
* Direct observation of students.
* Fidelity checks.
* Follow up with building staff on suggested strategies and interventions.
Other Functions: - Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: - Current ND License and Masterís Degree in at least one of the following: special education teacher, school psychologist, or Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Preference will be given to those who are a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Experience working with students with social emotional/behavioral needs.
- Experience teaching/coaching adults in writing and implementing behavior plans preferred.
This position is step PM on the Professional Support Staff salary schedule.
Salary Range: $59,750.00 - $71,404.00 / Per Year
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Bismarck Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of North Dakota. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Bismarck Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job