Stafford County P.S is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: TBD - Multiple Locations
Minimum Salary: $42,250.00
Position Summary - Special Education - Educational Diagnostician: Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Student Services or designee, the Educational Diagnostician provides diagnostic information and works cooperatively with school personnel in implementing appropriate educational programming for students with and without disabilities.
Qualifications: 1. Valid teaching license which meets Commonwealth of Virginia requirements with specific endorsement in learning disabilities.
2. Masterís degree, preferred.
3. Three years teaching experience.
4. Experience with group and individually administered educational assessment.
5. Ongoing evidence of mental and physical competence to perform assigned responsibilities may be required from a qualified physician
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: 1. Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication, collaboration and consultation skills with students, staff members, parents, and administrators.
2. Demonstrate appropriate use of oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to school administrators, school staff, parents and the general public; thorough knowledge of English grammar and usage.
3. Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
4. Demonstrate proficiency in the administration and interpretation of multiple assessment instruments and techniques appropriate for a variety of populations.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of psychometrics, diagnostic measures and procedures.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of student diversity in development and learning.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of current federal and state special education laws and regulations, as well as local district policies in the areas of evaluation, placement and planning for special education services.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of local curriculum and
instructional programs, as well as effective research-based instructional strategies and the development of cognitive academic skills.
9. Demonstrate effective problem-solving, data-based decision making and accountability
Key Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Consult with principals, teachers, parents, and other appropriate individuals concerning the educational needs of students.
2. Assess the individual strengths and weaknesses of students, which may include observations, interviews, review of records, teacher reports, anecdotal notes, and/or the administration of educational tests.
3. Serve as a participant on the school's Child Study Team Eligibility Committee and Crisis I Intervention Team to assist in meeting the studentís individual needs.
4. Select, in conjunction with the psychologist, and administer formal and informal assessments to determine student eligibility or continuing eligibility for special education services according to local, state and federal regulations.
5. Participate cooperatively on the Child Study (CS) or Response-to-Intervention (RTI) team, Eligibility Committee, and IEP team as necessary to assist in the development and revision of general and special education programs for individual students which may include CS/RTI plans, IEPs, 504 Plans, and other intervention strategies.
6. Produce Educational Reports in a clear, concise and user-friendly format reflecting knowledge of student through team meetings, review of studentís cumulative folder, classroom observation, interpretation of assessment data, and other relevant information.
7. Compile, maintain and file all reports and other documentation according to mandated timelines.
8. Assist in providing staff development to assist school personnel with understanding differentiation of instruction, students with disabilities and other relevant topics.
9. Provide direct support to administrative designee to include maintaining meeting schedules and documentation appropriate to scheduled meeting.
10. Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal (FERPA) and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
11. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical and responsible.
12. Must work in close harmony with colleagues, supervisors, and co-workers.
13. Maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance, appropriate to position.
14. Actively pursue professional growth activities to improve skills related to job assignment.
15. Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
17. Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality
Evaluated by: Educational Diagnostician
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Terms of Employment: 10 months according to Stafford County School Board Calendar
Evaluation: Evaluation will be conducted in accordance with School Board Policies and Regulations.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Stafford County Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Virginia. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Stafford County Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job