Purpose and Scope: The primary function of the position within the organization is to provide essential support for school’s Literacy, Math, or Science programs at assigned iZone schools. The position is charged with expertise in Literacy, Math, or Science content areas, and instructional organization. The Instructional Curriculum Coach provides instructional support in literacy, math, or science instruction plans at assigned schools, guides teachers embedding instructional strategies, analyzes data related to student mastery in order to assist schools with moving from the bottom 5% to the top 25% in academic achievement.
Essential Job Functions: 1. Supports teachers through observations, feedback, and analysis of student results, demonstration lessons, curriculum implementation, team teaching and instructional best practices. Provides instructional support as outlined in the iZone Instructional Coach Handbook.
2. Shares effective instructional strategies with teachers both individually and through in-service workshops; assist with lesson planning and delivery of instruction, observes teachers in the classroom; makes recommendations for improvement in performance as appropriate; offers advice and assistance as needed.
3. Assists teachers and school administrators in meeting expectations identified in the iZone Standard of Quality Framework. Assists teachers and school administrators in meeting identified goals in instruction and maintains on-going communication with teachers and school leadership as appropriate.
4. Collaborates with teachers to build a knowledge base of Literacy, Math, or Science standards and repertoire of teaching skills to improve student achievement.
5. Keeps abreast of developments in curriculum, instruction, educational/content area research and assists in determining their appropriateness for implementation at the school level.
6. Analyzes state and district assessment data to help target professional development needs; designs, plans and implements school and individual-level professional development opportunities addressing instructional content, curriculum, instructional methods, and assessment in the classroom.
7. Reviews assessment data and assists with development of long-term literacy, math, or science plans for assigned schools. Works collaboratively with grade level teams, teacher leaders, or curriculum focus group sessions.
8. Communicates instructional best practices with school leadership to provide maximum teacher effectiveness.
9. Leads analysis of data related to student achievement in Literacy, Math, or Science and supports staff in using this data in instructional decision making.
10. Submits required documentation of instructional support provided to schools for the improvement of teaching and learning at assigned school(s). Compiles data for and prepares various statistical, administrative and professional reports as required.
11. Attends training, conferences, workshops and meetings as appropriate to enhance job knowledge and skills.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's Degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction or other relevant field of study and requires an endorsement in the content area directly related to area of assignment; requires four (4) years of classroom experience related to the area of assignment and a valid state of Tennessee teacher licensure certification.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor's Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master's Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master's degrees are required, years for Bachelor's Degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: * Strong analytic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to swiftly and accurately understand complex data and perform analysis
* Skill in developing data-supported solutions and using fact-based logic; ability to translate complex analysis in easy-to-understand manner and present to a broad audience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Outstanding leadership skills and ability to build high-performing teams through both recruitment and selection and professional development
* Ability to manage daily administrative tasks without losing sight of long-term goals and planning.
* In-depth knowledge of principles of effective instruction from advance curriculum and content and instruction
* Knowledge of growth and development and learning theory
* Skill in assessment and evaluation of students
* Ability to manage curriculum development, in-service training, and related activities and provide a high level of instructional leadership for teachers and administrators;
* Excellent human relations skills and ability to establish and maintain successful cooperative working relationship with appropriate school communities, and school-based and central office staffs
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job