Qualifications: As set by State of Alabama certification authorities
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: To lead students toward their potential for intellectual, emotional, psychological, and physical growth and maturation through provision of appropriate guidance and learning experiences.
Responsibilities: 1. To understand and assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Shelby County Board of Education Policy.
2. To participate in the efficient and effective operation of the school and school system. Such participation shall include teachers in consultation through meetings, conferences, and committee responsibilities.
3. To accept no other employment which interferes with the efficient and effective discharge of teacher duties and responsibilities.
4. To abide by the standards established for teachers' professional and personal conduct by the printed and published AEA Code of Ethics which is printed in the Shelby County Board of Education Policy Manual, having been adopted by the Shelby County Board of Education July 31, 1974.
5. To follow the courses of study approved by the State Board of Education and curriculum guides and textbooks approved and adopted by the Shelby County Board of Education. Other material used for instructional purposes must be approved by the principal.
6. To assist in fostering student attitudes through teaching, in all activities of the school program, the values of citizenship, self-discipline, morality, and patriotism
Duties: 1. Report for duty at least fifteen minutes before the opening of school and remain at least ten minutes after the close of school.
2. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations at the times designated.
3. Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided and appropriate to the interests and maturity of the students.
4. Establish and maintain appropriate discipline in the classroom and assist staff in establishment and maintenance of discipline in the school environment.
5. Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal at the local school.
6. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, board policy, and administrative regulation.
7. Evaluate student progress on a regular basis and in accordance with the system's established procedures.
8. Seek assistance of specialists as needed and make referrals when appropriate.
9. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to safeguard all equipment, materials, and facilities.
10. Make reasonable provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day. Procedures for such conferences will be mutually agreed upon by faculty and administration.
11. Work with other staff members in planning school activities, instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
12. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
13. All teachers participate in extracurricular activities as mutually agreed upon by faculty and administration.
14. Attend and participate regularly in faculty meetings.
15. Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with parents and community.
16. Promote good public relations for school and school system with the general public.
17. Maintain and improve professional competence.
18. Perform other related duties during school necessary to the safe and effective operation of the school when requested by the principal.
Terms of Employment: Nine-, ten-, eleven-, or twelve-month contract. Salary according to proper placement on current salary schedule. Exempt employee.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Alabama. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job