Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
English as a Second Language Teacher
Location: West High School - An IB World School
Start Date: 08/26/2018
Description: West High School is seeking an English as second language teacher who will have specific responsibility for developing English Learner students' ability to effectively perform courses of study in the English language; supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from studentsí parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress. Supervising and implementing all aspects of testing for ELL students. Essential functions for this position include:
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans and building academic English and content knowledge.
- Administers tests and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student language ability. Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student achievement; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
- Instructs English learner students for the purpose of improving their success in academics and skills.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Models English communication for the purpose of developing student ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, cafeteria, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to optimize student learning
Qualifications Required: Education: Bachelorís Degree
License: Wisconsin DPI English as a Second Language (grades 9-12) certification
Qualifications Desired: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction in additional core content areas (social studies, science, math, English language arts) for grades 9-12
West High School is one of four high schools in the Green Bay Public School District. A vibrant and diverse school, West offers a community atmosphere focused on providing rigorous academic offerings, educating all students to be college, career and community ready. Many innovative approaches to learning are visible as you enter the doors of West High School.
Years of Experience: 0
Licenses: - English as a Second Languages
Additional Requirements: - Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job