School / Org:
Green Bay Area Public Schools
Green Bay, Wisconsin
No. of Positions:
Wednesday, 01 August 2018
Open Until Filled
Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Spanish-Bilingual Elementary Literacy Coach
Location: Schools(s) to be Determined
Start Date: 08/26/2018
Description: The Green Bay Area Public School District is seeking applicants interested in Spanish-Bilingual Elementary Literacy Coach positions. This position facilitates classroom and school-wide improvement for all students enrolled in a Dual Language Program, and facilitates adult professional growth through a coaching model.
Qualifications Required: - Education: Bachelorís Degree and WI DPI Bilingual Educator (23) and Reading License (316)
- Experience: Demonstrated successful teaching experience
Essential Functions: 1. Follows the Core Values of the Green Bay Area Public School District as driver of our words and actions: Excellence, Engagement, Equity, Integrity and Responsibility.
2. Promotes efforts on diversity, establishes best practices and utilizes skills to remove barriers for students of diverse backgrounds.
3. Strives to create a favorable professional impact on students, parents, community, and other employees.
4. Maintains confidentiality in verbal, written, and electronic communication.
5. Refers confidential information to the appropriate person.
6. Follows safe practices and adheres to safety standards.
7. Demonstrates exemplary, responsive service and treats all in a respectful manner.
8. Collaborates weekly with the principal to organize, analyze, reflect, plan, and problem solve around implementation of a school-wide Dual Language Education model. (1%)
9. Supports teachers in the writing of student learning objectives and the design and implementation of teacher Educator Effectiveness Plans. (2%)
10. Coaches teachers, through a gradual release of responsibility, on research-based bilingual practices for English and Spanish Language Learners.
● 70% of time coaching teachers on direct reading instruction.
11. Collaborates with the principal and literacy coach to plan literacy team meetings.
12. Designs and implements bilingual professional learning opportunities that align with both the district and school improvement plans. (5%)
13. Supports teachers in using formative, benchmark and summative assessment data in all content areas to plan instruction for whole group, small group and individual students. (2%)
14. Co-facilitates school-wide intervention team meetings and collaborates with the classroom teacher, interventionist and principal on school-wide student data as to inform decisions regarding the selection, monitoring of progress, and discontinuation of intervention services for students in a bilingual classroom. (5%)
15. When appropriate, provides small group and/or 1:1 targeted instruction to students using assessment and research-based best practices for intervention that aligns with the districtís Dual Language framework. (10%)
16. Engages in reflective practice that includes peer observations and analysis of intervention and coaching sessions with the district bilingual program coordinator. (3%)
17. Participates in all required training, at both a school and district level. (1%)
18. Performs all other duties as assigned by the principal and/or supervisor. (1%)
Working Conditions: 1. Work involves frequent disruptions of daily schedule.
2. Work involves frequent deadlines under pressure.
3. Flexible time to permit before/after school coaching sessions
4. Position may include coaching responsibilities at more than one building
5. Position may include coaching responsibilities at more than one building
Additional Requirements: - Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job