English as a Second Language
School / Org:
Green Bay Area Public Schools
Green Bay, Wisconsin
No. of Positions:
Wednesday, 01 August 2018
Open Until Filled
Green Bay Area Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Secondary English Learner (EL) Literacy Coach
Location: School(s) to be Assigned
Start Date: 08/26/2018
Description: The Green Bay Area Public School District is seeking applicants interested in being considered for a Secondary English Learner Literacy Coach position for the 2018-19 school year. This position will facilitate classroom and school-wide improvement through the implementation of a comprehensive literacy model and facilitate adult professional growth through the use of a comprehensive coaching model.
Qualifications Required: - Education: Bachelorís Degree
- Certification: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Reading or Reading Specialist, and English as a Second Language License
- Experience: Minimum of Three (3) Years of Successful Teaching Experience
Qualifications Desired; - Prior experience with small group literacy interventions and school-wide improvement initiatives
Essential Functions: 1. Follows the Core Values of the Green Bay Area Public School District as driver of our words and actions: Excellence, Engagement, Equity, Integrity, and Responsibility.
2. Promotes efforts on diversity, establishes best practices and utilizes skills to remove barriers for students of diverse backgrounds.
3. Creates a favorable professional impact on students, parents, community, and other employees.
4. Maintains confidentiality in verbal, written, and electronic communication.
5. Refers confidential information to the appropriate person.
6. Follows safe practices and adheres to safety standards.
7. Collaborates weekly with the Director of EL Programs to organize, analyze, reflect, plan, and problem solve around implementation of a secondary EL Literacy Framework.
8. Facilitates professional learning opportunities for all secondary EL literacy teachers that align with both the district and school improvement plans.
9. Develops and provides initial and on-going professional learning for all secondary EL literacy teachers on the Secondary EL Literacy Framework and assessments.
10. Considers and problem solves the factors of framework implementation
11. Coaches secondary EL literacy teachers, around the Secondary EL Literacy Framework, researched based classroom practices and use of various assessments.
12. Supports secondary EL literacy teachers in using various forms of assessment data to plan instruction for whole group, small group and individual students.
13. Collaborates with the secondary EL literacy teacher, interventionist, and principal on data related to EL student progress.
14. Collaborates with principal, pupil service personnel, teachers, and interventionist on data informed decisions around student progress and interventions.
15. Teaches the Secondary EL Literacy Framework on a consistent basis.
16. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to administer district adopted literacy interventions.
17. Participates in all required training, at both a school and district level.
18. Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Working Conditions: 1. Work involves frequent deadlines under pressure.
2. Work requires flexibility in adjusting to continuously changing situations.
3. Work entails a flexible daily schedule.
4. Work involves collaborative relationships with classroom teachers and building leadership teams.
5. Work involves travel to multiple district buildings.
Years of Experience: 3
Licenses: - Reading Teacher
Additional Requirements: - Standard Questions
- Custom Questions
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Green Bay Area Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Wisconsin. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Green Bay Area Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job