Fort Wayne Community Schoolsis seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
School Psychologist - School Year
Location: Special Education
Description: Starting 2018 - 2019 school year
Provide individual psychological and educational evaluation, assessment and conferencing for referred students; evaluate and identify student needs and participate in the development and implementation of educational and behavior intervention plans, services and strategies; participate in intervention assistance team functions; provide consultation and technical assistance to faculty, administrators and others concerning assessment information and academic and behavioral functions.
You will be working with non-public schools.
Salary: $44,999.00 - $76,153.00
Areas of Certification: School Psychologist
Additional Job Information: This position may be filled prior to posting close date.
School year administrative position
1. Conduct psychological and educational assessments and evaluations within mandated timelines; observe and interview students; administer and interpret results of psychological assessment tests; identify, diagnose and formulate educational, treatment, developmental, behavioral and remediation plans and strategies for various disabilities and other student issues
2. Provide evaluation and treatment for psychological and related educational issues and problems among identified students with special needs; implement and provide psychological services to facilitate and enhance student learning, adjustment and performance in educational activities and special education programs.
3. Serve as a member of the district intervention teams as appropriate; collaborate with faculty, staff and administrators in the formulation, development and implementation of educational and behavior intervention plans and related services, goals, objectives, strategies and options.
4. Provide consultation and technical assistance to faculty, administrators and others concerning assessment information and psychological, behavioral and related educational issues; provide detailed and technical information concerning related plans, programs, practices, procedures, techniques and strategies.
5. Write concise and detailed reports concerning psychological evaluations, tests, observations and diagnoses; prepare and distribute a variety of correspondence related to assigned caseload and psychological services; establish, maintain and update student records and files.
6. Assist with coordinating and participate in case conferences following student evaluations; coordinate psychology services, communications, information and interventions between students, faculty, administrators, school sites, outside agencies and others.
7. Make recommendations regarding eligibility and student placement in special education and various other programs; refer students and families to alternate district supports.
8. Serve as a technical resource for teachers, principals, school staff and parents concerning classroom adaptations for students; monitor student placement, services and accommodations to assure needs are being met.
9. Advise school staff, faculty and administrators regarding State and federal special education requirements related assessment.
10. Must demonstrate participation in and contributions to the goals of district cross functional teams and perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to have dexterity of hands and fingers. The employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. They may be occasionally required to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is seated or walking at will and has limited physical labor. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
Qualifications: Any combination equivalent to: master's degree in psychology or related field.
Must have strong analytical, computer, and oral and written communication skills. Incumbents must possess advanced knowledge of specialized aspects, methods, processes, principles, practices, procedures and terminology used in assigned field. Incumbents must be licensed as a school psychologist by the Indiana Department of Education.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Fort Wayne Community Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Indiana. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Fort Wayne Community Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job