Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Music Teacher - Eligibility Pool
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District
Length of Work Year: Traditional
Salary: EGEA Salary Schedule #10.
Class Title: Teacher
Basic Function: Under the direction of a site principal, principalís designee or other appropriate administrator, plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program.
Essential Functions: Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program which is consistent with District and Board goals and philosophies, local site goals and specific objectives based on assessment of student needs.
Teach reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to pupils utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom; support and assist in maintaining district discipline policy and the site discipline plan.
Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, emotional, social and learning problems.
Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision and control, and staff, parent, department and District meetings.
Communicate regularly with parents regarding goals and objectives of the instructional program, student progress observed, needs or problems and special accomplishments.
Develop and communicate curricular and instructional plans and objectives to students and parents including course descriptions, performance expectations and other pertinent information to allow parental monitoring; review with the Principal as necessary.
Assess student progress; communicate student progress to parents at each grading period and in case of unsatisfactory work or other instructional issues.
Represent the District and assigned school or program to local and State groups as assigned maintaining a positive and professional image; interact with outside agencies as necessary.
Provide instruction to students with special needs in accordance with IEP utilizing support services as appropriate; participate in IEP meetings as appropriate.
Maintain records regarding students including special education students in accordance with site and District policy; prepare reports regarding students and classroom matters as directed.
Develop lesson plans in accordance with site and District policy and practice and specific plans for substitutes as necessary.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge Of: - Principles, theories, practices, methods and techniques used in curriculum development and classroom instruction.
- Classroom procedures which promote appropriate student conduct and motivation for student learning.
- Child guidance principles and practices.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Research methods and report writing techniques.
- First aid and CPR.
- Current trends and research concerning the growth and development of children.
Ability To: - Adapt plans to meet different needs, learning
- Create an instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
- Establish effective rapport with pupils.
- Motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary education, in accordance with each pupil's ability.
- Monitor children in classrooms.
- Display the use of good judgment in making decisions.
- Maintain professional relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues and supervising staff members.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain acceptable standards of physical health, energy and emotional adjustment to the job environment.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Seeing to read a variety of materials.
Education and Experience Required: - Any combination equivalent to: bachelor's degree, including courses needed to meet credential requirements and student teaching classroom experience.
Licenses and Other Requirements: - Valid California Teaching Credential.
- Assignments in this class may be full-time or part-time. Work year may be a traditional 10-month assignment or one of the tracks in the year-round school program.
Working Conditions: Environment: Classroom or outdoor environment.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job