Elk Grove Unified School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Principal Eligibility Pool - Elementary Schools
Location: Elk Grove Unified School District, PreK - 6 Education, 9510 Elk Grove - Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95624
Length of Work Year: 207 days / 246 days
Salary: Traditional / Modified Traditional - $96,283 - $120,728 annually / Year Round $103,407 - $129,655 (placement based on experience - maximum placement - step 6)
Class Title: PRINCIPAL-ELEMENTARY
Basic Function: Under the direction of the Associate Superintendent, Elementary Education and the Director-Elementary Education, plan, organize, control and direct the instructional programs, operations, plant and personnel for a traditional or year-round elementary school (K-6); assure safe and positive learning environment for the students and staff.
Essential Functions: Plan, organize, control and direct instructional activities, special programs and plant operations at a District elementary school; confer with District Office personnel regarding staff, programs, students, finances and legal requirements; implement and modify the school's mission, goals, objectives and programs as needed.
Interview, select, direct, evaluate and supervise certificated and classified personnel; assign faculty and staff as appropriate to meet school objectives; manage on-site teacher contracts.
Direct and participate in a planned program of formal and informal classroom visitations and observations; recommend discipline, reassignment or termination action as appropriate.
Enforce applicable State and District codes, policies and laws; administer District and school site discipline and intervention policies and safety programs.
Plan and direct the business operations of school; develop and administer site budgets; assure proper allocation of funds for instructional and non-instructional equipment and materials.
Direct the evaluation and revision of curricular and instructional programs in cooperation with appropriate District administrators; communicate with teachers to assure instructional programs meet student needs and District requirements.
Analyze data and develop and implement plans for instructional improvement growing out of program assessment.
Establish, coordinate and maintain communication with community and parent groups, law enforcement and other officials.
Prepare and write correspondence, bulletins and other communications on behalf of the school; arrange for school-level public relations and publicity for special events and achievements as appropriate.
Supervise or schedule the supervision of students on campus before and after school, during lunch, recess and other activities; discipline students according to established guidelines.
Assure the health, safety and welfare of students.
Oversee attendance, behavior management, counseling, guidance and other student support services; provide individual academic and personal counseling to students and parents.
Coordinate the maintenance and operations of the school plant; assure proper management, maintenance and inventory of materials, equipment, buildings and grounds.
Direct the implementation of staff development and in-service training; update staff on revised policies and procedures and implement changes.
Attend, conduct and chair a variety of meetings with faculty, parents and community representatives; attend IEP and other meetings as necessary; respond to and resolve parent, student and staff complaints; represent the school at Board, District and community functions.
Direct the preparation and maintenance of a variety of District, County, State and federally-mandated records and reports regarding student attendance, welfare, discipline, safety, academic achievement and others as directed.
Direct the maintenance of comprehensive files pertaining to school personnel, plant facilities, inventories, financial information and contracts; direct the maintenance of student and staff records at the site.
Operate a computer and other office equipment as assigned; drive a vehicle to conduct work.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge Of: - Comprehensive organization, activities, goals and objectives of a District traditional or year-round elementary school.
- School law administration and applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- State and local curriculum requirements.
- Board and District policies, procedures and regulations.
- Labor relations law and employee contracts.
- State plant facility requirements.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Public speaking techniques.
- Basic computer operation.
Ability To: - Plan, organize and direct the operations, plant and personnel of an elementary school.
- Organize, direct, evaluate and supervise assigned certificated and classified staff.
- Direct activities regarding personnel, the physical plant, budget, curriculum and instruction and communications and articulation.
- Train, supervise and evaluate certificated and classified personnel.
- Plan and direct the budget and business operations of the school.
- Establish, coordinate and maintain communication with community and parent groups.
- Plan, implement, direct and evaluate instructional and categorical programs in accordance with applicable laws.
- Plan and organize work.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- See to monitor students and read a variety of materials.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch.
Education and Experience Required: - Any combination equivalent to: bachelorís degree in a related field and five years of classroom experience.
Licenses and Other Requirements: - California Teaching or PPS Credential.
- California Administrative Credential.
- Valid California Class C driver's license.
Working Conditions: Environment: - Office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Elk Grove Unified may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of California. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Elk Grove Unified in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job