Aspen School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
AES Dishwasher and Kitchen Worker
Job Description: Aspen School District seeks a dishwasher to begin duties August 2018. This is a full-time position with work days similar to the school calendar.
Position Summary: The dishwasher/kitchen worker is responsible for the cleaning of the kitchen, equipment, and at times, may need to assist with food preparation and serving areas to ensure that students receive a sanitary, safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient school environment.
Reports To: Food Service Director
Terms of Employment: Full time, 9 month, At Will employee.
Work Schedule: 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, as assigned by the food service manager in keeping with the district 9 month work calendar.
Principle Responsibilities: - Clean and maintain kitchen facilities per direction of Food Service Director
- Assist in basic kitchen preparation and set up
- Know and maintain proper sanitation and safety practices, including all precautions of blood borne pathogens
- Recognize and make changes as needed, whether sudden or permanent changes, in a busy environment
- Understand, use, and clean all kitchen equipment with efficiency and safety
- Perform any job required in the kitchen, including but not limited to cleaning, for efficiency of production
Position Requirements: Minimum Education or Formal Training: Minimum of high school education or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 1 to 3 years
Skill Requirements: - Knowledge of sanitation requirements for cleaning a commercial kitchen, organization, service.
- Because safety is an important component of this position, the employee must communicate clearly and concisely in English - bilingual Spanish is a plus.
General Expectations of the Position: - Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education;
- Ability to work every Monday, with exception of an illness, as this is the busy preparation day of the week;
- Maintains a high level of hygienic work practices within the kitchen, including attention to superior personal hygiene, per health regulations for kitchen workers;
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the mission of the District and schools;
- Displays a willingness to learn new information;
- Uses strong listening skills;
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with all children and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct;
- Maintains high ethical standards and confidentiality;
- Observes all district policies and procedures located at https://www.aspenk12.net under “District Information”, “Administrative Policies”.
Essential Environmental Demands: - Exposure to noise
- Exposure to extremes of heat and cold
Essential Physical Requirements: - Constant standing
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pulling, or pushing of heavy objects or materials of 50lbs or greater
- Frequent stooping, bending, and reaching
Supervisory Duties: None
Primary Location: District Wide
Salary Information: $15.00 / Per Hour
Shift Type: Full-Time
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Aspen School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Aspen School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job