Cherry Creek School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Health Science Teacher
Location: Overland High School
Group / Grade: Teacher
Description: The Health Science teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good relations among community and school clientele. The Health Science program at Overland High School will provide training for Certified Nursing Aides (CNA).
Qualifications: The Cherry Creek School District complies with the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Department of Education in terms of hiring candidates who are CURRENTLY LICENSED OR ENDORSED IN THE APPROPRIATE CONTENT AREA(S)
1. Must hold or be willing/able to pursue a CTE Health Science Endorsement
2. CDE Teaching License preferred.
CTE HEALTH SCIENCE
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Enjoyment of and zest for working with high school students.
2. Demonstrates understanding of scope and sequence of health science curriculum and CNA requirements.
3. Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to secondary learners.
4. Demonstrated ability to make a positive impact on student achievement and to differentiate instruction to support the needs of diverse learners.
5. Willing to support and actively participate in a professional learning community.
6. Demonstrated problem-solving skills evidenced through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
7. Strong classroom management, communication, organization, and planning skills.
8. Willing to use PowerSchool for online attendance, online grade book, online posting of assignments, and parental access to attendance and grades.
9. Strong communication, organization, and human relations skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to coordinate Nurse Aide Training program.
11. Willingness to sponsor extracurricular student organization (HOSA) activities
Work Hours: 7:35am TO - 3:35pm
Start Date: August 2018
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cherry Creek School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cherry Creek School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job