Special Education (Learning Disabilities)
School / Org:
Altitude Elementary School
Greenwood Village, Colorado
No. of Positions:
Wednesday, 08 August 2018
Wednesday, 15 August 2018
Cherry Creek School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Moderate Needs (LD) Teacher
Location: Altitude Elementary School
Group / Grade: Mental Health
Description: The moderate needs (LD) teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students. Develops and promotes good relations among community and school clientele.
Qualifications: The Cherry Creek School District complies with the rules and regulations set forth by the Colorado Department of Education in terms of hiring candidates who are CURRENTLY LICENSED OR ENDORSED IN THE APPROPRIATE CONTENT AREA(S)
1. Hold a valid Colorado Special Education (Moderate Needs (LD), SpEd Generalist or SpEd Specialist) License.
2. Proficiency in using technology.
Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to learners with all types of special needs.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the scope and sequence of a special education curriculum.
3. Strong classroom management, communication, organization and planning skills.
4. Experience in developing and implementing individualized education programs (IEPs).
5. Knowledge of both formal and informal diagnostic assessments for students with a variety of learning difficulties.
6. Demonstrate knowledge in literacy and numeracy intervention programs.
7. Experience in administration and interpretation of standardized and informal special education assessments.
8. Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents and administrators.
9. Participate collaboratively in teaching teams to design curriculum and assessments.
10. Experience in managing cases including regular communication with parents and faculty.
11. Ability to align curriculum and assessments with Colorado Content Standards.
12. Positively impact achievement and differentiate instruction based on the needs of the students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement.
Work Hours: TBD
Start Date: August 10, 2018
Other Information: Full time position, .4 at Coyote Hills and .6 at Altitude
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Cherry Creek School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Colorado. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Cherry Creek School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job