Omaha Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
A+ Substitute Teacher
Qualifications: • Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited college or university.
• Valid/Current NE Teaching Certificate required.
(**A Local Substitute Certificate- which limits the number of days you can substitute-is not accepted by Omaha Public Schools)
• A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
• Reliable attendance
• Excellent communication skills oral and written
• Positive interpersonal skills
• Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
• This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
• A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.
Other Information: Reports to: Human Resource's Substitute Office & Building Principal
Salary Schedule: $18.75 per Hour/$150.00 per day
Responsibilities: • Developing students’ cognitive capacity and respect for learning
• Positively fostering students’ self-esteem
• Working with and understanding a diverse student population
• Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum
• Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
• Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
• Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials
• Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
• Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff
• Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school’s program and support the District’s vision, aims and goals
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Omaha Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Nebraska. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Omaha Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job