Granite School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Generic Secondary Special Education Teacher
Location: Granite School District
Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule
Contract: 9 Month Contract
Description: GENERIC POSTING FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHING POSITIONS
The purpose of this posting is to form a pool of applicants to be considered for future openings. The District reserves the right to re-post this position at any time.
• Applicant must have, or be eligible and willing to get, a Utah Special Education License. Alternative Teacher Preparation Program (ATP) applicants are eligible to apply and need to contact Brandy Moon, Special Education Department, at (385) 646-4647
• Have skills in effective instructional techniques for reading, language arts, mathematics, and behavior,
• Be able to diagnose learning difficulties and adapt/modify curriculum and instruction to meet individual student needs,
• Be able to assess, monitor, and evaluate student progress on IEP goals and in the Utah Core Curriculum,
• Have strong skills in positive behavioral supports, behavior management techniques and embedding social skills into instruction,
• Be able to assist in eligibility determination, maintain file compliance, and fulfill other special education compliance requirements, and
• Be able to interact positively with parents and co-workers.
Preference will be given to teachers who have demonstrated skill in collaboration, and supporting students in general education classrooms in order to provide access to and progress in the general curriculum.
Qualifications: Applicant must have, or be eligible and willing to get, a Utah Special Education License.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Granite School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Utah. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Granite School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job