Granite School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Human Resources
Salary Range: Substitute Teacher Salary
Description: Granite School District is accepting applications for Substitute Teachers with an Associate's Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or higher or Licensed/Retired Educators.
Under the direction of the school principal, the Substitute Teacher is responsible for maintaining a positive learning environment where students develop the skills to become critical thinkers, problem solvers, lifelong learners, and productive citizens. Substitute Teachers maintain a safe environment; establish rapport with students, parents and colleagues; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student’s ability. Substitute Teachers use the established curriculum and use lesson plans provided by the regular classroom teacher.
• Check in at the office with appropriate school personnel.
• Report to the school office fifteen minutes prior to the school starting time and stay ten minutes after the school ending time.
• Substitutes are required to stay for the entire workday as scheduled by AESOP or directed by the administrator in charge of the location.
• Complies with all building procedures and schedules.
• Teach the lesson plans and instructional materials provided by the absent regular classroom teacher.
• Assumes responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class and during lunch, recess periods, other class periods, assemblies, etc. as assigned.
• Provides and maintains a safe and supportive environment in the classroom and on the school campus. Does not leave students unsupervised.
• Spends classroom time instructing and helping students. Cell phones and other electronic devices must remain off during class time. District computers in the classroom are not for personal use.
• Substitutes may not substitute in a relative’s classroom under any circumstance.
Substitute Teacher Requirements:
• Applicants must undergo and clear a background check PRIOR to working. Currently the cost of a background check, which the applicant must pay in advance, is $40 (subject to change). The background fee can be paid with credit card or cash - exact amount.
• Applicant must have an Associate's Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or better or have a current Utah Teaching license or have completed a Teacher Preparation Program, including student teaching, and the recommendation for a Utah Teaching license has been made.
• Applicants with a valid, current out-of-state license must provide a copy of their out-of-state license and evidence they have applied with the USOE for a Utah license.
• Requires travel to various buildings and locations throughout Granite School District as scheduled by AESOP.
Qualifications: Must have an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree or higher, (ORIGINAL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS OR ORIGINAL DIPLOMA MUST BE PROVIDED UPON APPROVAL FOR HIRE)NO COPIES ACCEPTED or have a current Utah Teaching license, or have completed a Teacher Preparation Program, including student teaching and the recommendation of a Utah Teaching license has been made.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Granite School District may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Utah. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Granite School District in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job