Grand Rapids Public Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Location: Lincoln Campus - Pine Grove (Special Ed)
Additional Information: Position Title: Behavior Consultant
Bargaining Unit: GREA
Salary: $42,000 and comprehensive benefits package
Earning Days: 194 or Determined by the contract
GRPS Mission: Our mission is to ensure that all students are educated, self-directed and productive members of society.
Job Summary: The Behavior Consultant works under the direction of the Special Education Department and is under the supervision of the building Principal to provide quality support on issues related to all areas of student behavior. Coordinates and networks with building staff. Collaborates with school teams to ensure the appropriate academic and behavioral success of students.
Essential Job Functions: Essential functions, according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the duties, knowledge and skills outlined in this job description. This list is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by employees in this position. Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Job Functions: - Demonstrate competence with gathering, analyzing, applying and reporting student and other required data.
- Make data based decisions for student growth
- Implement complex systems of student support
- Handle and address conflict productively
- Implement curriculum, instruction, components of social emotional learning, and behavioral science
- Assess and develop a cycle of support and accountability for addressing behavioral needs across the Lincoln Campuses.
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff across Lincoln Campuses.
- Coordinate and collaborate with teachers, leaders, and community members.
- Support Grand Rapids Public Schools Academic Plan, curriculum and district initiatives
- Build capacity on behalf of quality instructional practices for improved behavioral results
- Work collaboratively with teachers/instructional staff, and administration to create an environment that assures learing.
- Serve as a resource of knowledge for innovative, research-based interventions
- Provide support for developing quality Positive Behavior Support Plans
- Provide service to students (Caseload) as needed
- Provide support and interventions to building Student Success Teams
- Comply with Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education
- Monitor, support and ensure compliance of IEP and REED process for students on caseload.
- Support building teams with alternatives to suspensions and appropriate interventions for students
- Train staff on behavioral interentions and resources, as needed
- Participate in required meetings
- Consult with school teams to ensure the appropriate academic and behavioral success of students
- Consult with case managers with monitoring student progress on interventions and behavior plans.
- Work cooperatively with community agencies involved with students and families
Educations and Experience: - Masterís degree in education or a field of study related to special education.
- Minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory teaching experience, no less than two (2) years in special education program.
- Possess a current endorsement in any area of special education
- BCBA, preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of successful experience in working with students with pervasive persistent behavioral needs
- Working knowledge of curriculum, accommodations and differentiated instruction
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of research based practices in the filed of behavioral science that include, but are not limited to: positive behavioral supports, restorative practices, mindfulness, zones of regulation, and other SEL (social emotional learning) strategies
- Ability to navigate and use with fidelity sophisticated Student Data Management Systems (I.e., PowerSchool Special Education, Synergy, SWIS, etc.)
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, hear (in a quiet or noisy environment), taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust/focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to moderate. Work is performed indoors although there will be required outdoor activities. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being and work output of students.
Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to compare, analyze, communicate both orally and in writing, copy, coordinate, instruct, compute, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, compile and negotiate.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on
the "Apply Now" button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process.
Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address
is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education
The job posting above from Grand Rapids Public Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Michigan. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Grand Rapids Public Schools in their postings.
Please quote the Education America Network
in your application to this job